Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 Schedule update

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    How about UWM?
    Wonder if they'd swallow their buy game pride to open the Silk Exotic Entertainment Center.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    Swanee, jeez, you're practically in South Carolina.
    Reptile you're quite right, about a little more than an hour south of Clemson. My oldest daughter actually is a a proud Gamecock and will be a senior at USC this year. My high school sophomore, at St. Pius X in Atlanta, is seriously considering Marquette but it's early. Thought, when Buzz was at MU, that we might schedule a home and home with Frank Martin at USC. Happier to take the less than 1 hour drive to Athens to see MU take on UGA. UGA is losing two top players in guards Kenny Gaines and Charles Mann but should have a very competitive team. Love that MU is getting exposure in a major market within a very strong high school basketball region.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    UW will sell out anyway so they will probably want a different opponent as the first game to get another full house.

The problem is.....how many top programs are willing to open the season on the road against a high major program?

Usually they want to ease their way into those kind of games by playing a few buy games first.
    IIRC Marquette was the opening opponent, for Iowa, when Hawkeye-Carver Arena opened and Marquette got absolutely crushed.

Jon Rothstein*‏@JonRothstein

Many SEC coaches believe Georgia could be league's second-best team behind Kentucky. Dawgs return strong 1-2 punch in Frazier/Maten. Tough.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    Reptile you're quite right, about a little more than an hour south of Clemson. My oldest daughter actually is a a proud Gamecock and will be a senior at USC this year. My high school sophomore, at St. Pius X in Atlanta, is seriously considering Marquette but it's early. Thought, when Buzz was at MU, that we might schedule a home and home with Frank Martin at USC. Happier to take the less than 1 hour drive to Athens to see MU take on UGA. UGA is losing two top players in guards Kenny Gaines and Charles Mann but should have a very competitive team. Love that MU is getting exposure in a major market within a very strong high school basketball region.
    My son will be attending USC in the fall. Looking forward to some visits to Columbia in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    My son will be attending USC in the fall. Looking forward to some visits to Columbia in the fall.
    My daughter is on track to graduate in December and has had a great experience in Columbia; absolutely loved her time at USC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123