Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule update

I wonder if Bailey was going to change his plans and come to MU in the fall, thus the Utah rumor. Then, maybe things changed and the Utah thing is going to be put off for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    I wonder if Bailey was going to change his plans and come to MU in the fall, thus the Utah rumor. Then, maybe things changed and the Utah thing is going to be put off for a couple of years.
    No evidence at all to believe that to be the case.

By all accounts Bailey was always going to take his mission.

The news of losing Utah is disappointing after be happy about adding Georgia. Was looking forward to having Utah and Georgia in the Bradley Center in 17-18.
    March Madness starts in November

The talk may have been MU vs Utah in 2018 & 2019 all along, but whoever got wind of it reported that they were working on a home and home.

We will have to wait a couple of years to see.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Couple of updates
    Home opener is Monday, November 14th
    Wisconsin is the 2nd Saturday in December 10th.
    Big East opener, December 28th. Sounds like a home game.
    March Madness starts in November

Jumping ahead to the 2018-2019 season when the new arena opens, I'd like to see the first home game in the arena be Wisconsin, since it is using some taxpayer funds and if not UW, Notre Dame would be a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Jumping ahead to the 2018-2019 season when the new arena opens, I'd like to see the first home game in the arena be Wisconsin, since it is using some taxpayer funds and if not UW, Notre Dame would be a nice surprise.
    I don't think for their first home game MU would want a bunch of red shirts in the stands.
    I like the idea of ND, and if not ND hopefully some other relatively big name hoops school.

I am really hoping for Grambling State...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

UW will sell out anyway so they will probably want a different opponent as the first game to get another full house.

The problem is.....how many top programs are willing to open the season on the road against a high major program?

Usually they want to ease their way into those kind of games by playing a few buy games first.
    Last edited by Markedman; 05-16-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast