Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Men's LAX: BIG EAST CHAMPS

Congrats to Men's LAX: BIG EAST CHAMPS

Huge 2nd half comeback to beat the defending national champs and #1 ranked Denver. Denver had never lost a Big East game in 3 years.

10-9 win over #1 Denver.

First ever Big East lose for Denver. Denver lead 7-2 at halftime.
    March Madness starts in November

Give Joe Amplo and his staff a big raise! Denver is the defending national champion, current #1 NCAA ranked team and they are two time defending Big East Champs. Also, they had their 22 home field winning streak snapped in a front of a sold out crowed. I cannot recall a bigger non-basketball win for the university. Congrats to MU and let's hope this win is good enough to warrent a first round home game. MU outscored Denver 6-0 in the third period after being down 7-3 at half.

I can't image a first round home game. You would need to be a national top 8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Give Joe Amplo and his staff a big raise! Denver is the defending national champion, current #1 NCAA ranked team and they are two time defending Big East Champs. Also, they had their 22 home field winning streak snapped in a front of a sold out crowed. I cannot recall a bigger non-basketball win for the university. Congrats to MU and let's hope this win is good enough to warrent a first round home game. MU outscored Denver 6-0 in the third period after being down 7-3 at half.
    Agreed.

To put this win in basketball terms, we represent a Team that was D2 5 years ago and moved up to D1. Denver was Duke, UNC, Kentucky or basically any team with a head coach that won 7 National Titles. And we did this without one of our leading scorers who had a season ending injury in his senior year the same way that Travis Diener did several years ago.

Congrats to the administration who believed we could compete at this leve this quickly, the coaching staff who started with nothing and built a national program with an identity and the players who had nothing, believed and worked 5 years to make this happen. This is an amazing story and I can't wait for our next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    Agreed.

To put this win in basketball terms, we represent a Team that was D2 5 years ago and moved up to D1. Denver was Duke, UNC, Kentucky or basically any team with a head coach that won 7 National Titles. And we did this without one of our leading scorers who had a season ending injury in his senior year the same way that Travis Diener did several years ago.

Congrats to the administration who believed we could compete at this leve this quickly, the coaching staff who started with nothing and built a national program with an identity and the players who had nothing, believed and worked 5 years to make this happen. This is an amazing story and I can't wait for our next chapter.
    Some real kudos to Steve Cottingham here!

Today's win is the first victory over a No. 1 team for a @muathletics squad since #mubb over Kentucky in 2003.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast