Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HULU: Developing a streaming service including FS1 for cord cutters

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdoc View Post
    For a family, I could see the Ala Carte style being very expensive. I don't see cable/satellite going anywhere too fast. If the streaming services offer package/ala carte combos, that might make a dent in the market more quickly.

I could see very popular shows going to on demand/alacarte status.
    The problem with ala carte is that it would probably kill a lot of channels. They all have investors that count on them being in the package. Guessing true ala carte will either be as long way off or so cost prohibitive that it's really not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Guessing true ala carte will either be as long way off or so cost prohibitive that it's really not worth it.
    Cost is the biggest issue. All the people watching HGTV, MTV, et al actually help subsidize ESPN, etc WAY more than sports fans help defray the cost of those channels for non-sports fans.

Sling TV launches new $20 package with Fox channels

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/13/11...no-disney-espn

"Dish's Sling TV is adding Fox channels to its programming lineup, but they're not going to be part of the existing $20 package. Instead, and this is pretty strange, Sling is launching a new, second $20-per-month subscription package that includes Fox's broadcast network (in select markets only), Fox Sports, FX, and the YES Network. Those come on top of Sling's other channels like A&E, CNN, AMC, HGTV, and Adult Swim, among others..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123