Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HULU: Developing a streaming service including FS1 for cord cutters

HULU: Developing a streaming service including FS1 for cord cutters

"According to The Wall Street Journal, the online streaming service is developing a service that would allow subscribers to live stream broadcast and cable television channels. WSJ reports that Disney-owned ABC, ESPN and Disney Channel are already on board, as are FOX, Fox News, FX and FS1."

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/hulu...able-tv-online

Sony Vue is also a nice option..has ESPN, FS1, NBCSN

At some point is HULU going to get enough content that the fee will raise to the point of being equivalent to cable? I guess my question is, are we going to end up paying the same amount, just to HULU instead of Time Warner or Dish Network?

This is more proof that LW was right about one thing, these massive tv football deals won't live out the life of their contracts as internet based programs etc will change the way things are done.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    At some point is HULU going to get enough content that the fee will raise to the point of being equivalent to cable? I guess my question is, are we going to end up paying the same amount, just to HULU instead of Time Warner or Dish Network?
    Exactly my thought........just a different delivery method......all these $5-$9 subscriptions for Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc add up.....pretty soon it's to the price of if you just had regular cable.

Am I missing something, or is this just the equivalent to Fox Sports Go? The only difference being Hulu is a more recognizable platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Exactly my thought........just a different delivery method......all these $5-$9 subscriptions for Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc add up.....pretty soon it's to the price of if you just had regular cable.
    Yeah...it's a lot of subscriptions to get to the $160-200 some people have to pay monthly. I'm definitely in a hate relationship with providers right now...DirecTV is too expensive, TWC has horrible customer service, and with the AT&T/DirecTV merger, I'm not even sure what my switching options are or how it would alter my bundles.

Quote Originally Posted by MUwarrior1090 View Post
    Am I missing something, or is this just the equivalent to Fox Sports Go? The only difference being Hulu is a more recognizable platform?
    That's how I take it. Streaming is slow and freezes. I'll stick with TWC and my $144 bill.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Yeah...it's a lot of subscriptions to get to the $160-200 some people have to pay monthly. I'm definitely in a hate relationship with providers right now...DirecTV is too expensive, TWC has horrible customer service, and with the AT&T/DirecTV merger, I'm not even sure what my switching options are or how it would alter my bundles.
    Again, to echo someone above, Sony VUE is the way to go. No contract, month to month, streaming cable service. The biggest package they offer is 49.99/month and it comes with all of the sports channels the wife and I need. Once football and basketball are over we go down to the middle package because the wife needs AMC for Walking Dead. You can adjust accordingly with that which is real nice.

I want to say the premium channels are $5-8/month if you want those. The content in the packages vary from area to area but definitely check it out.

I feel like at some point they will switch to a package where you select what channels you do and don't want and pay for just those. That way people only pay for what they want, and don't pay for the filler, would seem to be the best way to keep costs semi-reasonable and still make money. Then ratings will truly matter.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast