Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Draft Entries

Cut short, posting off of a phone.

I agree that it is so much better that more guys get the opportunity to be evaluated, but at the same time, the NBA scouts and evaluators have a job to do, and there are several people on that list that may just be wasting people's time, think Calipari telling his walk on to declare.

Again, I agree that it is a good idea for some to declare to get the feedback, but there are certainly some on the list that shouldn't be.

Managing this process is what a good coach is supposed to do. When teams reach out, they respond. They should be maintaining those contacts so that the coach can give his player some feedback in a situation like this. If they don't then the player chose badly and the coach isn't doing his job.

I have no doubt that Wojo has the contacts in this situation and can guide our players through it well - so long as he and the player are on speaking terms but that's a unique circumstance.

I would imagine that eventually this fad will die down, coaches and players will start to realize how ridiculous it is to declare, not even be considered, and then come back. I think it is just the first year so everyone is curious and wants to do it. Can't see this becoming an annual thing forever.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12