Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Draft Entries

Early Draft Entries

Here is a listing of early entrants into the NBA draft. Of course most will pull their names out by the established deadline.
    The list totals 162, and that is just college players. Another huge group listed is foreign players.

Among the entrants is Deonte Burton. I would think he will return for his senior season.

The article indicates players can withdraw by June 13, but for some reason I thought the date was toward the end of may.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...tons/83584492/

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Here is a listing of early entrants into the NBA draft. Of course most will pull their names out by the established deadline.
    The list totals 162, and that is just college players. Another huge group listed is foreign players.

Among the entrants is Deonte Burton. I would think he will return for his senior season.

The article indicates players can withdraw by June 13, but for some reason I thought the date was toward the end of may.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...tons/83584492/
    The May date is for NCAA eligibility? The June date would be the NBA date for pulling out.

Wow - 162 names. Then you add in the actual seniors.

Do these guys know there are only 60 draft spots?

More than 100 of these guys will not get drafted.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Wow - 162 names. Then you add in the actual seniors.

Do these guys know there are only 60 draft spots?

More than 100 of these guys will not get drafted.
    And, add in the foreign guys. That's another big list.

The 162 is just college players. There are also over 40 foreign guys, and I know some of those guys are projected first rounders.

That is over 200 guys (not including seniors like Dunn, as IWB said) for 60 draft spots.

Kris Jenkins of Villanova going pro would hurt Nova next year. P

The new rule means it makes sense for juniors to declare and not sign with an agent in order to get feedback from NBA teams.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

What's wrong with an evaluation to see what you need to work on in order to take the next step? I doubt the list stays at that level come Draft Day.

Nothing wrong with it, but I am sure there are quite a few that really don't need to be declaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Nothing wrong with it, but I am sure there are quite a few that really don't need to be declaring.
    Right and they are probably are not getting much of a response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast