Staff almost complete

Head coach - LaVall Jordan

Assistant coach - Omar Lowery

Assistant coach - Todd Townsend

Assistant coach - Will Vergollo

Director of Basketball Operations - Chinedu Nwachukwu

Video Coordinator - Vacant

Looks like all we have left is VC.

BTW - I love the fact that I broke the news on all four hires after LaVall Jordan. I'm gonna work hard to round out the 5th lol

Has there been an official announcement on the last two hires?

I knew Todd Townsend while he was at Marquette and a while after, and he was/is a stand up guy. Always had a good head on his shoulders and could relate well to all kinds of people - athletes, fans, coaches, etc. Even though hes a Marquette guy ....I think he's a great hire by coach Vall. He was a team captain on a very successful collegiate team with future NBA players on it - I think that will speak volumes to recruits and it can really help with local recruiting in Milwaukee as well as Chicagoland. Welcome to the Panthers, Todd and staff!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
    I knew Todd Townsend while he was at Marquette and a while after, and he was/is a stand up guy. Always had a good head on his shoulders and could relate well to all kinds of people - athletes, fans, coaches, etc. Even though hes a Marquette guy ....I think he's a great hire by coach Vall. He was a team captain on a very successful collegiate team with future NBA players on it - I think that will speak volumes to recruits and it can really help with local recruiting in Milwaukee as well as Chicagoland. Welcome to the Panthers, Todd and staff!
    I'll second this. Todd and I were at MU at the same time and he was always a really good guy. The admissions department even had him giving tours to prospective students. Get that guy in a living room with a recruit and his family, and he'll wow them. Great hire for UWM!

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I'll second this. Todd and I were at MU at the same time and he was always a really good guy. The admissions department even had him giving tours to prospective students. Get that guy in a living room with a recruit and his family, and he'll wow them. Great hire for UWM!
    Thank you for the kind words MUfan12. At least there is something Panther fans and Marquette fans can share common ground on!

Quote Originally Posted by GVD View Post
    Has there been an official announcement on the last two hires?
    No, but I've got it. I wouldn't have put them out if I didn't have them locked.

Quote Originally Posted by JGPanthers View Post
    Thank you for the kind words MUfan12. At least there is something Panther fans and Marquette fans can share common ground on!
    Besides f*ck the Badgers?

Do you guys know Todd Townsend's back story? Pretty freaking incredible. Just a bit of a background...

When he was in high school, Townsend's family on the South side of Chicago pretty much split up. His brothers were older, his parents split up and he being the youngest, stayed with his mom. She had a chance at a new life but her future husband had four kids so not wanting to complicate things, she moved out and left Todd behind.

Todd was living alone in an apartment in high school. His mom would pay rent and stop by once a week with some groceries, but that was pretty much it. Many of the stories say he was basically living on syrup sandwiches because that is what he had. He started skipping school etc.

Through basketball he became friends with Matt Lottich (New coach at Valpo). He often stayed with Lottich and his dad until they got concerned that he never wanted to go home, so Townsend finally opened up and told them everything. He was a 16 year old kid, living alone on the Southside of Chicago.

The Lottich family found someone who might help in the Schwaba family and they eventually took him in and later adopted him.

When you hear guys described as, "He came from nothing", Todd Townsend literally did and is now one of the nicest guys you will meet.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Do you guys know Todd Townsend's back story? Pretty freaking incredible. Just a bit of a background...

When he was in high school, Townsend's family on the South side of Chicago pretty much split up. His brothers were older, his parents split up and he being the youngest, stayed with his mom. She had a chance at a new life but her future husband had four kids so not wanting to complicate things, she moved out and left Todd behind.

Todd was living alone in an apartment in high school. His mom would pay rent and stop by once a week with some groceries, but that was pretty much it. Many of the stories say he was basically living on syrup sandwiches because that is what he had. He started skipping school etc.

Through basketball he became friends with Matt Lottich (New coach at Valpo). He often stayed with Lottich and his dad until they got concerned that he never wanted to go home, so Townsend finally opened up and told them everything. He was a 16 year old kid, living alone on the Southside of Chicago.

The Lottich family found someone who might help in the Schwaba family and they eventually took him in and later adopted him.

When you hear guys described as, "He came from nothing", Todd Townsend literally did and is now one of the nicest guys you will meet.
    I mentioned in another post that I knew Todd during his time in Milwaukee - he was involved with a family member and close friends with someone from my hometown - and this barely scratches the surface of who he is. I can say that I've heard his story, from him personally, and given his situation he could've gone in so many different directions and gotten into who knows what. As I mentioned - his story and who he is will absolutely resonate with anyone who comes in contact with him. It goes beyond recruiting, basketball, coaching, etc. He can most certainly be someone that this athletic department can hang their hats on. Quality person and by all accounts a pretty darn good coach. I think LJ has put together a staff that embodies a lot of who he is and what he's about - and Todd is the embodiment of that.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
    I mentioned in another post that I knew Todd during his time in Milwaukee - he was involved with a family member and close friends with someone from my hometown - and this barely scratches the surface of who he is. I can say that I've heard his story, from him personally, and given his situation he could've gone in so many different directions and gotten into who knows what. As I mentioned - his story and who he is will absolutely resonate with anyone who comes in contact with him. It goes beyond recruiting, basketball, coaching, etc. He can most certainly be someone that this athletic department can hang their hats on. Quality person and by all accounts a pretty darn good coach. I think LJ has put together a staff that embodies a lot of who he is and what he's about - and Todd is the embodiment of that.
    Cool. So fire Amanda Braun, and have Todd take over as AD
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast