Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - ESPN's Mike Tirico to NBC

The tie thing has been done for years, I've heard.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    It has been- he explained the whole history of it a couple weeks back on the Dan Patrick Show. Still kind of a weird thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    The weird thing is that if it's been done for years, how is this the first time anyone has ever heard of it? I mean...wouldn't we have seen someone with a tie in the past? Or was Archie the only one who didn't stuff it in his pocket with an awkward, mumbled "Thanks...I guess"?

I'm all for reporters actually taking hard look at sports, players, coach's, teams ETC. But to just grab a dart and throw it at the board see who you hit and then attack when you have no real insight or knowledge, Info or have even educated yourself rally annoys me. In Chicago JAy Marriota did this and never went to games, spent anytime in locker rooms, never met or interviewed players and would never do any research but would just come out and write a article that was basically made up so he had a piece to put in his column once a week.

There are so many good tough articles that could be written but guys like this aren't doing it. Bayless next article will be about steroids back in baseball because someone accused Arrieta of doing it. He will come up with his scathing attacking article why he is on the toilet in the morning with his coffee, but will make it sound like he has some type of inside info ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by KMWTRUCKS View Post
    In Chicago Jay Marriota did this and never went to games, spent anytime in locker rooms, never met or interviewed players and would never do any research but would just come out and write a article that was basically made up so he had a piece to put in his column once a week.
    Mayor Beluga can tell you how cheap Jay is as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12