Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MU Press Release on Wally

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Almost believable story until you said IWB was running.
    IWB had some serious wheels for a big fella. Just not Floyd Heard wheels.

I'm not even sure if MayorBeluga has ever gone jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I can attest, with track athletic children, that timing is critical in the training. Peak a week early or late and you are a memory. Tough sport. Their competition is other athletes training. So now think of what their training may be for that one shot.

Suzy Favor said the year she took the fall in the Olympics that she knew she had peaked two weeks before the race. Knew she would not have that extra gear to finish and when she did not, took the fall.
    Reports out of Vegas are that she had the extra to finish in other areas.......

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Not if Hizzoner can help it.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Reports out of Vegas are that she had the extra to finish in other areas.......
    Yeah, I debated even mentioning this to derail the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    IWB had some serious wheels for a big fella. Just not Floyd Heard wheels.

Floyd Heard was studly in his prime so count me in as impressed with IWB, but then again, there was the San Diego " incident" that negates how impressed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Floyd Heard was studly in his prime so count me in as impressed with IWB, but then again, there was the San Diego " incident" that negates how impressed I am.
    I will not be impressed until somebody can confirm that there were more than 2 people running in that race!

Ha - good stuff. A couple of corrections - the Floyd Heard race was actually a relay, but the rest is pretty accurate. I was a collegiate running back, but that was a couple hundred pounds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Sorry Nukem, this is a crap post. Full spin BS. This is a disgusting move by Wojo and MU. It has ZERO to do with track. Why bring that cr@p into it. I expected more of MU and Wojo. You did not. So be it. It says alot about all of us.
    Disappointed Wally can't transfer and keep playing basketball, either as a grad transfer or by sitting out. Really disappointed how this one panned out.

If this was happening in Madison, people on these boards would be unilaterally skewering Gard. Just because Wojo is our guy doesn't change the standard. I'm expecting the next man up to get us to the Tourney this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Disappointed Wally can't transfer and keep playing basketball, either as a grad transfer or by sitting out. Really disappointed how this one panned out.

If this was happening in Madison, people on these boards would be unilaterally skewering Gard. Just because Wojo is our guy doesn't change the standard. I'm expecting the next man up to get us to the Tourney this year.
    Once again, to be fair, we do not know the whole story (and I would bet $$
    that no one here does) Let's temper our judgments a bit. Looks "bad" on the surface, BUT................?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Once again, to be fair, we do not know the whole story (and I would bet $$
    that no one here does) Let's temper our judgments a bit. Looks "bad" on the surface, BUT................?
    Yeah a lot of people assuming the worst just because of public perception. That's a separate issue. Call me an optimist but I'll assume Wojo isn't an underhanded jerk until proven otherwise.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast