Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MU Press Release on Wally

If you don't want to hear it, don't listen then. Fine, you disagree. So be it!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I love how people can tell others what their "thing" is and what they should "focus on."

I mean, I understand Wojo's rationale. I just don't want to hear how good this is for Wally and that we should all be happy for him. It's very patronizing.
    Wally is not exactly suffering here. This is a BB decision and he is being given an outstanding alternative. Stop playing your violin. And, you and the rest of us don't know what other things are going on in the background over time. No patronization here.

Decisions have to made sometimes that aren't going to make everybody happy.

I understand what Sultan is saying.......it isn't what Wally wanted but he is getting a valuable degree without paying a dime for it.

Of things in life that make me angry this isn't going to make the list.

Best of luck to Wally.

Time to move on.....at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Wally is not exactly suffering here. This is a BB decision and he is being given an outstanding alternative. Stop playing your violin. And, you and the rest of us don't know what other things are going on in the background over time. No patronization here.
    No he's not suffering. And yes we don't know everything and Wojo could very well be completely justified. And as markedman said, it isn't unjust by any means and I am hardly angry about it.

But you are wrong that the "this is good for Wally" stuff isn't patronizing. It is very patronizing.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    If you don't want to hear it, don't listen then. Fine, you disagree. So be it!
    If you don't want me to respond to what you put on a message board, don't type it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Decisions have to made sometimes that aren't going to make everybody happy.

I understand what Sultan is saying.......it isn't what Wally wanted but he is getting a valuable degree without paying a dime for it.

Of things in life that make me angry this isn't going to make the list.

Best of luck to Wally.

Time to move on.....at least for me.
    Yup. And, he still gets to follow that high jump dream just like Henry follows his NBA dream. The Ellenson family will be just fine. Now, he could turn down the track scholie, but who's fault would that be? I have moved on.

Yes, Wally might not be happy, but we are hearing only side of story.
    March Madness starts in November

Sorry guys, I do not like this cr@p at all. I do not care for your spin, I see it differently and am a bit disgusted with Wojo and my alma mater right now. Just got an email tonight reminding my of my points for the reseating. Frankly, am wondering right now if I even want to reseat.

I watched Wally all season at the BC and was thinking he should focus on track. Had a couple nice 2nd halves when games were out of control. Otherwise, he was mostly a foul machine. Realistically, he would have been the 13 th man next season. Just what it is. The coaches obviously came to the same conclusion. Wally has been given an outstanding alternative to continue his track career and get his degree. Yes, he may be disappointed about basketball. But that's not really his future. No spin here. If Wally turns down this alternative, that's his choice. He is not being tossed to the curb here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I watched Wally all season at the BC and was thinking he should focus on track. Had a couple nice 2nd halves when games were out of control. Otherwise, he was mostly a foul machine. Realistically, he would have been the 13 th man next season. Just what it is. The coaches obviously came to the same conclusion. Wally has been given an outstanding alternative to continue his track career and get his degree. Yes, he may be disappointed about basketball. But that's not really his future. No spin here. If Wally turns down this alternative, that's his choice. He is not being tossed to the curb here.
    Sorry Nukem, this is a crap post. Full spin BS. This is a disgusting move by Wojo and MU. It has ZERO to do with track. Why bring that cr@p into it. I expected more of MU and Wojo. You did not. So be it. It says alot about all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Sorry Nukem, this is a crap post. Full spin BS. This is a disgusting move by Wojo and MU. It has ZERO to do with track. Why bring that cr@p into it. I expected more of MU and Wojo. You did not. So be it. It says alot about all of us.
    Sorry, Mac. This has all to do about BB, not track. Sure that Wojo and Scholl did not make this decision lightly. In the end, this is probably better for Wally. His ego might be bruised, but he is getting a helluva an opportunity for his future without worrying about BB. We agree to disagree. I would agree with you if his scholie was pulled. That's not the case.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast