View Poll Results: How long do you give Jordan to get to the Big Dance?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Year 2: One full year of recruiting is enough

3 27.27%
  • Year 3: First full class of JUCOs will be seniors

3 27.27%
  • Year 4: 2020 is long enough, they need to dance by now.

1 9.09%
  • Year 5: First full HS class will be seniors.

3 27.27%
  • Year 6+: He gets until the practice facility is guaranteed to happen.

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your limit of patience with Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    I think that this poll itself underscores what a tough spot L.J. is in.

Best of luck to him.
    A difficult spot that is none of his doing. By all accounts he is a good guy, and it's a shame that he's in such a spot.

I hope he took the job with eyes open; i suspect that he did. If he succeeds, particularly if he succeeds fairly soon, that would be evidence that he's a pretty good coach, which might mean he gets to move on and up sooner.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

HE had to be aware of the situation here. I have no idea what was said to him about it by the administration, specifically Mone.

This is PURE SPECULATION: We do know that he was hired by Mone, not Braun, so it leaves one to wonder if he was told that he really reports to Mone and not Braun, and i he has any issues or concerns, that he should go straight to Mone with them. If I were in Val's position, that is about the only thing that would make me comfortable enough to sign on here, D1 job or not. He was an up an coming assistant, and this was not going to be his only shot at a D1 gig. There had to be something that was said or done that made this attractive enough to commit to it for him.

I do find it a bit odd that Val has stated again and again that doing things the right way, being honorable and conducting yourself above board is so important to him, when there is so much out in the public about how Braun was anything BUT that. It just seems like an odd fit to me.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

The goals are set, and depending on AB being here. We should be consistent at the top of the Horizon within 3 years.
    @tjdunne
    #ViewsFromSection323

When they are 9th next season, what's A.B.'s goals and standards then?

The golden goals are hanging out there like a big matzah ball. They are at once great and terrible.

But they can't be taken back now. That would be duplicitous and deceitful.

You know who else has been put in a tough spot? The fans, with brother pitted against brother like in the Favre fiasco ... and I find it just as distasteful.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-23-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    The golden goals are hanging out there like a big matzah ball. They are at once great and terrible.

But they can't be taken back now. That would be duplicitous and deceitful.

You know who else has been put in a tough spot? The fans, with brother pitted against brother like in the Favre fiasco ... and I find it just as distasteful.
    The fact that some 'brothers' know what's going on and are on the other side in this is pretty disheartening. Hate for Jeter courses through their veins, and there was no way they were going to see anything that might show him in a sympathetic light, even when the wide majority of people railing against Braun wanted Jeter gone as well.

I'm a patient guy in general. But this question doesn't interest me. Let's be honest. The program has been set back years. It would take a Bo Ryan or Bruce Pearl level coach at least two and probably three years just to bring the program back to the level where Rob had it in the last two non-APR years. We had a legitimate chance to get back to the tourney this year, and we would have had a legitimate chance to get back to the tourney next year before the carnage happened. Now we have zero chance, probably for three years at least, and it astonishes me that so many people are okay with that.

I don't have LaVall on the clock. I have the University on the clock. We have an athletic administration that doesn't seem to care that they are pointing our program back to the WIAC. Does the university?
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I don't have LaVall on the clock. I have the University on the clock. We have an athletic administration that doesn't seem to care that they are pointing our program back to the WIAC. Does the university?
    I get what you're saying, but the Panthers went to the WIAC, they'd be moving to a mult-bid league
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12