View Poll Results: How long do you give Jordan to get to the Big Dance?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Year 2: One full year of recruiting is enough

3 27.27%
  • Year 3: First full class of JUCOs will be seniors

3 27.27%
  • Year 4: 2020 is long enough, they need to dance by now.

1 9.09%
  • Year 5: First full HS class will be seniors.

3 27.27%
  • Year 6+: He gets until the practice facility is guaranteed to happen.

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your limit of patience with Jordan?

What's your limit of patience with Jordan?

There were people who were calling for Rob Jeter's firing on the Eunuch board as early as the 2006-07 season. That was year 2. This is a different situation; while the cupboard wasn't bare until the end of Jeter's first year, in LaVall Jordan's case Amanda Braun picked up the cupboard, tilted it face forward so gravity swung open the doors, and then proceeded to beat the back of the cupboard with a heavy mallet.

So what is the limit of your patience? How long can he go without making the NCAA Tournament before you get on the bandwagon to chase him out of town?

Just wondering.

Five years. Give him time to get his guys in and really make it his team.

Top 3/Top 100....dance by year 2. SWEEP THE LEG!!!!! NO MERCY!!!!
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

I honestly don't care. I want Braun gone, then I will care again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    Top 3/Top 100....dance by year 2. SWEEP THE LEG!!!!! NO MERCY!!!!
    wONXZ1.jpg

My hope is by 2020...the standard has been set by AB. The better question may be when does she start clambering for him to be fired. Given her actions with RJ and her expectations for the program given her quoted reasons for RJ's firing, I can't see him struggling more than 2-3 years TOPS. Unless Mone is the puppet master behind the curtain allowing him to stay on longer than she or any of us would want to see if he does have a few rough years early on

Quote Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
    I honestly don't care. I want Braun gone, then I will care again.
    i'm with you on this. But since there's no immediate sign of Braun leaving, i'd say Coach Jordan should be judged by the same standards Coach Jeter was judged by. If Coach Jordan gets a pass where Coach Jeter got sabotage, that's only further proof that Braun ought to go.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrapheap View Post
    i'm with you on this. But since there's no immediate sign of Braun leaving, i'd say Coach Jordan should be judged by the same standards Coach Jeter was judged by. If Coach Jordan gets a pass where Coach Jeter got sabotage, that's only further proof that Braun ought to go.
    Jeter was given a lot of lee way early on. His teams struggled to get consistency his first several years, yet he was rewarded with extensions. I imagine coach Jordan will be held to higher standards immediately.

Didn't Jeter coach for 11 years?

I think that this poll itself underscores what a tough spot L.J. is in.

Best of luck to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast