Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Johnson - Thanks for the memories, and for the honesty

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    And like Bill, the Eunuch board has just gone off the air!
    It's back online as of this morning.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

The press release from the Athletic Department is a shameful ad hominem attack on Bill. They can't dispute what he says so they tear down his character.

I'm beginning to believe there are no depths to which these people won't go to get what they want.

I am almost at the point of hoping that EVERY player on the roster leaves. It might take that to wake up the University administration.

A few weeks ago I remarked on the eunuch board that our program had become the laughingstock of college basketball and some objected. My God -- look where we are NOW. I'm sure the architects of this shameful purge of decent people have had it as their plan that the news cycle would move on and they'd simply get away with it all. They hadn't counted on their own callous ineptitude. They keep making it worse and it will NEVER get better. It's in their nature.
    Last edited by BBF; 04-16-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Where is the press release?

Here's what they could have said:

"Bill is a legendary broadcaster who has been on hand for nearly all of the program's greatest accomplishments. We thank him for his 17 glorious seasons behind the mic and wish him well in all his future endeavors."

But pettiness, insecurity and a personal agenda again intervened.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-16-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Here's what they could have said:

"Bill is a legendary broadcaster who has been on hand for nearly all of the program's greatest accomplishments. We thank him for his 17 glorious seasons behind the mic and wish him well in all his future endeavors."

But pettiness, insecurity and a personal agenda again intervened.
    After Bill expressed himself as honestly and as forcefully as he did, there's no way the Department was going to say anything so nice. Amanda Braun being as petty as she is, what we got was about what i expected.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrapheap View Post
    After Bill expressed himself as honestly and as forcefully as he did, there's no way the Department was going to say anything so nice. Amanda Braun being as petty as she is, what we got was about what i expected.
    If Tom Luljak or Kevin O'Connor were running the PR, or Chris Zills and Tim Prahl were making the decisions, I'm guessing dylanrocks' template is very close to what they'd have put out. But it's not those guys - it's Amanda Braun and Bill Behrns.

They know we suspect them of infiltrating message boards - so this is where you're going to see them fight their battles. In public. How perfect - I love how they keep playing into our hands. It's almost like they're working for the Rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    A few weeks ago I remarked on the eunuch board that our program had become the laughingstock of college basketball and some objected. My God -- look where we are NOW.
    Still not there (thanks, Runnin' Rebels!)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerj View Post
    Still not there (thanks, Runnin' Rebels!)
    If you want to feel a little better about our program right now, go check out what's going on with the Loyola women's team.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...415-story.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast