Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Johnson - Thanks for the memories, and for the honesty

Bill Johnson - Thanks for the memories, and for the honesty

For those who did not see it, please read the following post from Bill Johnson's Facebook Page.

To quote Groucho Marx "Hello, I must be going!"

Before the decision is made for me, I am officially announcing my retirement as the voice of Milwaukee Panthers Men's basketball.

I would say it's taking the last life boat off the Titanic, but that would be unfair to the crew of the Titanic.

Never have so many competant, talented people been run off by such a talentless group of entitled beaurocrats. No matter how much the coaches, players, and support staff care, they can't overcome incompetent administrators.

UWM leads the world in incompetent administrators.

I criticize awful athletic directors like Koonce, Costello, Geiger, and Braun. It's not their fault. Hell, if they elected me President I'ld take the job. If I suck at it, it's not my fault. I'm not qualified to be President.

Should Amanda Braun turn down an AD job just because she's horribly under qualified? Hell no. She's a bad AD, and a deplorable human being, but those are the cards she's been dealt.

Those in charge of the UW System have failed to hire effective administrators. Failed. F F F F!

It has been my pleasure to work with the wonderful players and coaches for 17 seasons. The players, coaches, parents and the fans have been like my family.

I will miss Panther hoops the rest of my life.

Best of luck to my friends that are still imprisoned at UWM Athletics. Fight on, brothers (and sisters.) Keep your heads low and make us proud.

Finally, best of luck to LaVall Jordan, his staff, and the players. As so often happens in the NCAA, it's not your fault. Win and get out quick, because long term is fatal at UWM Athletics.

Panther Nation, it has been my pleasure.Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/20531316728...4009990506729/

dumpsterfire.jpg

Last edited by TheDarkHawkReturns; 04-14-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

God love you, Bill!!!

... and KABOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

It's what those of us who discern and care have been saying for the last uncountable number of years!

Ahhhhh....we are all just upset Rob got fired because we are all his friends. In fact, I am golfing with him in Fantasyland next Wursday and then we are going on a double date with the wives to eat at a new restaurant on the moon.
    Class of 1998
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Class of 1998

Bill's post is an excerpt of my phone conversation with D. Kelly every night, but we don't know as much about Panther basketball as those running UWM athletics and are merely blinded by emotion.

Burn, baby, burn!

How to start a dumpster fire:

HowToStartADumpsterFire.jpg
    Class of 1998

I just don't know what to say.

This is some crazy nightmare. Right?

I mean, this can't really be happening, can it?

Paul, please tell me this isn't happening to our university.
    Last edited by jhart05; 04-14-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Buckle your seat belt, JHart, there's more on the way!

And like Bill, the Eunuch board has just gone off the air!

I hope Michael Poll is somewhere safe because the long knives are out for every shred of dignity and humanity this program has had.

How can any fan look at our program and be anything but sad and ashamed right now?
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast