Thread: Austin Arians to Wake Forest

Austin Arians to Wake Forest

That's a nice area of the country over in North Carolina.

So looks like I'll be watching a few ACC games next winter.

Good luck to you AA !!

Lop another 3-4 wins off the schedule next year. If we hit the trifecta with Jordy I'm guessing the total damage will be about 10-12 wins, in a year when the rest of the league was primed to be taken.

Nobody thought GB would do much last year, as they lost Brown, Sykes and McKinnie. But they had senior leadership coming back, and look where it took them.

What do we have? We're hitting the reset button and looking at potentially the worst year in the Arena since '07.

P.S. And yes, absolutely, good luck to Austin in the ACC and thanks for all the thrills you gave us!
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Best of Luck to Austin at WF - gotta be pretty cool to go from playing at vacant areans in the HL to playing at the Dean Dome and Cameron Indoor. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
    Best of Luck to Austin at WF - gotta be pretty cool to go from playing at vacant areans in the HL to playing at the Dean Dome and Cameron Indoor. Good Luck!
    That's exactly what I said to him. He will be wearing #34 at Wake Forest as well, so long as none of the recruits before him had dibs - we checked, no current players wear it and it's not retired.

Awesome!!! Black and gold forever, right?

Congrats to him. A better move than Minnesota was for Springs IMO. I wish all my fellow alums the best of look in all of there future endeavors, unless they play us.

No excuses for next year. Even if coach has to put me in at the two, I expect top 3. (obvs joking)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    That's exactly what I said to him. He will be wearing #34 at Wake Forest as well, so long as none of the recruits before him had dibs - we checked, no current players wear it and it's not retired.
    Hey, if you talk to him again, make sure he knows he just created a few Wake Forest fans here in Milwaukee.

Or I suppose he has one of the twitter accounts, I could just send him something on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buppie05 View Post
    Congrats to him. A better move than Minnesota was for Springs IMO. I wish all my fellow alums the best of look in all of there future endeavors, unless they play us.

No excuses for next year. Even if coach has to put me in at the two, I expect top 3. (obvs joking)
    Minnesota definitely isn't the best Men's BB team there is...but the campus is awesome and there a ton of small, large & fortune 500 companies that make their home up there and its a fantastic school. Something tells me that Akeem has a good head on his shoulders and is preparing himself for life after basketball. Definitely a smart move on his part, too. Good luck to them both!