Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akeem Springs to Minnesota

Akeem Springs to Minnesota

Akeem's going to Minnesota. Jeff Goodman broke it.

It's with more tears that I write this ...

KABOOOOOOOOM!

All of this was completely avoidable.

Best of luck, Akeem. God bless you. You will always have a family in Milwaukee.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    Best of luck, Akeem. God bless you. You will always have a family in Milwaukee.
    Amen!

Let's support these players like real Panthers should, not tear down their character and pick apart their shortcomings.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-15-2016 at 11:55 AM.

The exodus of truly good people continues.

Debacle!!!!!
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

This truly sucks, but I wish him the best. I'm puzzled as to why he would choose Minnesota, one of the worst teams in all of division 1 last year. However, I can't blame him for wanting a change of scenery.

Akeem, Austin and Matt are unequivocally three of the top 25-30 players in UWM's Division 1 history.

So Derick Kelly and I are wondering whom it will get through free agency and the draft to replace them.

It seems like this was a move based on the school not athletics. Minnesota Basketball is thr opposite of attractive, but the campus and their academics are very appealing. Either way I wish him the best!

Talked to Springs quite a bit at the pro am this past summer. He was very excited to work and play against the professional guys there and be challenged. I believe connections and networking helped him to get into some of the better 'pick up' games in town as well.

A really good kid who worked hard and wanted better things for UWM hoops. I watched and cheered for him this past season and will do the same while at Min.
    Was hoping to see him play another year here, but wish him the best of luck as a Gopher.

I'll echo much of what Goose wrote.

Austin and Akeem are good players and good people.

Things were trending up here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast