St John's at Minnesota.
    Providence at Ohio State.
    Villanova at Purdue.
    Seton Hall at Iowa.

Rutgers at DePaul.
    Maryland at Georgetown.
    Northwestern at Butler.
    Wisconsin at Creighton
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 04-13-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    March Madness starts in November

If the Big 10/11/12/13/14 doesn't want to participate, then let's find another partner.

Two years in a row where Michigan State is not participating.

There is 14 teams in the B1G, each school needs a minimum of 4 games.
    March Madness starts in November

Wow. I can't wait for St. John's versus Minnesota and Rutgers versus DePaul.

On a more serious note, I could see the BE winning six of the eight games, and it would not surprise me if Creighton hangs a big old "L" on UW (unless Watson opts for the draft, which I doubt).

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Two years in a row where Michigan State is not participating.
    I assume they are playing in the (snobby) Blue Blood tourney with Duke, KU and UK at the United Center again?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I assume they are playing in the (snobby) Blue Blood tourney with Duke, KU and UK at the United Center again?
    Yes. As MUPanther pointed out, each team has a minimum appearance requirement. Indiana was in it last year. I see no problem...Maryland, Iowa, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Purdue have been some of their better teams. The Big 14 was not a very good conference last year.

Then there are the yearly rivalries of MU/Wisconsin, Nebraska/Creighton and Butler gets Indiana or Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic this year.

Outside the Gavitt series, Virginia plays at Nova this December. Plenty of opportunity for the Big East. Hopefully, more return than leave among Bentil, Whitehead, Watson, Reynolds, Bluiett, Hart and Jenkins.

Of course Butch Gebhardt starts it off with a shot at MU. And as always, his post adds nothing. "Big East Challenge or whatever". Yeah, that's right, or whatever.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast