Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MU Lax ...#realdeal

No, more like men's sports that don't have full scholarships, which is most aside from basketball and football.

Quote Originally Posted by MU Viking View Post
    Not at all like a club sport, in my opinion.

12.6 full scholarships for men's lacrosse, I believe. That can be split among students and combined with academic money.

9.9 in men's soccer, I believe, FWIW.
    All 52 don't go on road trips I assume. Do they have the equivalent of a Taxi Squad where only 25 or so dress? Did not think they had remotely close to 52 on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    All 52 don't go on road trips I assume. Do they have the equivalent of a Taxi Squad where only 25 or so dress? Did not think they had remotely close to 52 on the roster.
    I would guess ~30 on the road. I was at the STJ game last week and it looked about like that amount.

No, more like men's sports that don't have full scholarships, which is most aside from basketball and football.
    Understand that. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I would guess ~30 on the road. I was at the STJ game last week and it looked about like that amount.
    I'm impressed - all the way in from Westport? Where does St. John's play - on campus?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I'm impressed - all the way in from Westport? Where does St. John's play - on campus?
    You give me too much credit! 1 hr away.

Real nice field on campus. Good amount of MU fans there. Mostly parents, I'm sure but Amplo is from nearby (Hofstra alum?) so maybe they were his supporters also.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    You give me too much credit! 1 hr away.

Real nice field on campus. Good amount of MU fans there. Mostly parents, I'm sure but Amplo is from nearby (Hofstra alum?) so maybe they were his supporters also.
    Cool. I'll have to start following this website for all things college Lacrosse - check out the very first score listed:

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/scoreboard/DI

Exactly. Most sports have to split scholarships and supplement with academic scholarships, when possible. Like D-3? That is truly an ignorant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Exactly. Most sports have to split scholarships and supplement with academic scholarships, when possible. Like D-3? That is truly an ignorant comment.
    That's all I was trying to allude to as I was not trying to write an essay on the subject. Other than Div I FB and BB, getting scholie/R&B assistance in all other "minor"/Olympic sports at any level whether Div I, II, III or NAIA is almost an art so to speak since there are so few full rides or academic scholies or other forms of assistance (all of which are allocated every which way in practice).
    Last edited by Nukem2; 04-16-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    That's all I was trying to allude to as I was not trying to write an essay on the subject. Other than Div I FB and BB, getting scholie/R&B assistance in all other "minor"/Olympic sports at any level whether Div I, II, III or NAIA is almost an art so to speak since there are so few full rides or academic scholies or other forms of assistance (all of which are allocated every which way in practice).
    That is not how I read your post. It reads more like you are calling Lax a D-3 sport, due to the how schollies are earned. If I misread that, I apologize.
    Last edited by MUMac; 04-16-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast