Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MU Lax ...#realdeal

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Actually, there's more to the story than that. We have been playing without Connor Gately for the last 3 games. Even without him we've been on quite a ride and remain undefeated in conference with remaining games against Providence and defending National Champs Denver. We also have a game at Duke next Friday - I'd go but my son has a LAX game that night.

19 seniors on this year's squad. Talk about a rebuild next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    19 seniors on this year's squad. Talk about a rebuild next year.
    Yikes - how many are on a Lacrosse roster?

MU also lost one of their best scorers and captain to injury early in the season in Kyle Whitlow.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Yikes - how many are on a Lacrosse roster?
    52 is on the roster
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    52 is on the roster
    How many scholies are available for LAX and how are they split up. Seems more like a glorified club sport in some respects?

When LAX started about 4-5years ago, Coach had to fill the roster will a lot of transfers and young players all at once. The transfers were able to use the first year where MU didn't compete as their redshirt year so they could be eligible in MU's first year. I believe the freshmen may have done this same thing and essentially used a redshirt year. A lot of those guys are now graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    How many scholies are available for LAX and how are they split up. Seems more like a glorified club sport in some respects?
    Not at all like a club sport, in my opinion.

12.6 full scholarships for men's lacrosse, I believe. That can be split among students and combined with academic money.

9.9 in men's soccer, I believe, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by MU Viking View Post
    Not at all like a club sport, in my opinion.

12.6 full scholarships for men's lacrosse, I believe. That can be split among students and combined with academic money.

9.9 in men's soccer, I believe, FWIW.
    More like Div 3 and NAIA in that respect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast