Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT/One of the Best Nights in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by MUwarrior1090 View Post
    The Lakers were also down 96-86 with 3 minutes left and Kobe went 5-5 to score the next 13 points, then assisted on the final basked for a 5 point win. It was a fun ending to watch.
    ...and I was pathetically in bed by 9:30 PM so I missed everything!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I didn't get to watch last night. When I heard Kobe scored 60 I was amazed.

Then I heard he took 50 shots - the most in a game since 1983. He went 22/50 including 6/21 (lol) from 3. Four assists.

Kobe capped his career with the quintessential "Kobe Game."
    I was at the game. Electric atmosphere The crowd as insane. Nobody cared how many shots he took. The fans wanted him to keep shooting. So many Laker greats in attendance. What a night.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    ...and I was pathetically in bed by 9:30 PM so I missed everything!
    With which leggy supermodel?

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    I was at the game. Electric atmosphere The crowd as insane. Nobody cared how many shots he took. The fans wanted him to keep shooting. So many Laker greats in attendance. What a night.
    It wasn't like Kobe was being the hongo and not passing the ball like he was accused of most of his career. His team mates were feeding him and basically making him shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    That is just crazy. I've watched some Golden State games this year and I find myself just laughing when he hits some of his 3's they are so ridiculous.

Awesome night for Kobe - I was switching back and forth. 60 points in his finale is an all timer.

What a final night of the season, just too bad both games were on so late that I bet many an east coaster missed the Kobe action.

You are not alone in that, I watch too, and find myself just laughing about it in disbelief. When he gets hot, like he was last night....it's just amazing. That one he was 5ft behind the three point line, up with a flick of the wrist and nothing but net. When Golden State is "on" it's like they are playing a video game on the easiest setting......everything just seems to go in.

There's a meme going around, and I realize Bird wasn't a guard like Curry, but Curry has more 3's made in two years than Bird had in his entire career.

ESPN: MEMPHIS/GOLDEN STATE 3,649 million viewers

ESPN2:UTAH/LA LAKERS 3,465 million viewers

Those are some impressive numbers for two games going head to head that started after 10:30pm ET. It was a shame ESPN and TNT blocked out FS1 on the new tv deal that starts in 2017.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    That had to be an awesome experience. Looked like it was a NBA finals type atmosphere both inside and outside of the arena.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12