Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan in at Milwaukee, but was the process botched?

Major boosters, and I mean MAJOR boosters told Mone from the start of his administration that Braun was a tool, in over her head, paranoid and out to sabotage the program and RJ. Numerous times they asked Mone to step in and at least question Braun's actions. Mone ignored the inquiries made by these MAJOR boosters. This is the result. How does LJ go into work now having to pass Braun in the hallway. How does Braun go to work and have the ability to look LJ in the eyes? The derailment and dumpster fire continues to grow and the only way to have this put out is the removal of Braun. Case closed.

Braun has been effectively terminated already, based on the hiring fiasco. Her wishes were not only ignored, she was not even aware of the actual hiring plans. She is now not much more than a figurehead....and an awful one at that.

If I were her "employees", I would consider this very carefully as it relates to my employ-ability and allegiances.

EDIT: I would also add that LJ may have been told outright that he reports as much (or entirely) to Mone and not to Braun, making his position very solid and safe, and eliminating any uneasiness he may have in the office. That is speculation on my part, of course, but if I were Mone, that is what I would have told him and why.
    Last edited by TheDarkHawkReturns; 04-13-2016 at 10:34 AM.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

i will say this for Mark Mone: His plate has been full with budget cuts at a level UWM has never before had to face.

When you're trying to determine whether entire schools and colleges at UWM will continue to exist as they do now or will be be merged or eliminated, and all the other issues connected with UWM's budget, the time available to devote to athletics is limited. If he did not intervene in the coaching situation until the point of hiring Rob Jeter's replacement, it was probably a question of not having time to look at the issues until that point.

If Amanda Braun was playing the kind of games Darkhawk thinks she was, and if she lied to the Chancellor about what she was doing, she's created a huge problem for herself. i don't know whether or not she's been completely cut out of the loop, but any game-playing she was doing failed utterly if she was on the point of hiring one coach and then was told that she had to retract her verbal offer and hire a different coach. If she's really been deposed, she will either be fired outright, or encouraged to seek another opportunity elsewhere.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

The games are well documented, 'Heap. That is more than just speculation. That is the core issue here, in fact. Jeter's firing was not why people got upset....it was HOW that happened that was the final straw for donors, and perhaps Mone too. She lied to donors and Mone about how the money came about....the former she told nothing to and took their money to do it, and the latter she told the donors WERE informed and consented.

She was hell bent to get Jeter out, from about day 1, and was willing to do and say anything to get it done. THAT is the problem, and as I said, this is not an isolated incident, either. She had a reputation for exactly that type of duplicity before she was at UWM.

As for her future, I would say I would not want to be her right now. She is in a no-win situation now...had the TJ thing stayed just a rumor, LJ's success would be a reflection on her...now, any success will not be credited to her at all, and everyone now knows she has no power at all. She has been neutered and even leaving for another job will be difficult....she botched this whole thing in so many different ways that she may not be an AD ever again, or at least not for a long, long time. She had her shot and blew it in every way possible.

Dumpster Fire on Downer (TM)
    Class of 1998
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

I don't know nuthin' but what i read on these discussion-board thingies on the interwebs, so if others on this board do have real sources of information, i can't offer any arguments.

My position on what should happen to Amanda Braun is a matter of record. But if the university administration wants to encourage her to seek other employnent rather than fire her outright, i'll be just as happy that she's not running things.

As for Chancellor Mone, i hope he will take this situation as a lesson of what happens when campus leadership is not engaged. The negative publicity surrounding the coaching situation can't be helping.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

PantherU on Mitch Nelles on 920 AM: http://www.thebig920.com/media/play/26904396/ at 31:20
    Class of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    PantherU on Mitch Nelles on 920 AM: http://www.thebig920.com/media/play/26904396/ at 31:20
    Hey thanks! I was happy to play the straight man in this comedy of errors.

Audio was bad. I couldn't hear Jimmy.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Audio was bad. I couldn't hear Jimmy.
    "I couldn't hear Jimmy" is probably the first time that string of words has ever been put together.

I could hear it - good job Jimmy. Funny how Nelles said he knows TJ, has met TJ and has a call in to him, but never once pronounced his name correctly.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast