Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday I finally got my first contact from the administration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JGPanthers View Post
    If 99% of the Panther world didn't know Lavall Jordan's name 40 days ago, then that says much more about our collective lack of knowledge of the college basketball landscape than it does about Jordan. My guess is that 99% is a far exaggerated number. Coach Vall was well regarded as an assistant coach and in coaching circles and was paid as such. We are lucky to have him.
    Sadly, he is not nearly as lucky to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Sadly, he is not nearly as lucky to be here.
    I tend to disagree (and think you do too); notwithstanding our Athletic Director, who clearly handled the entire situation about as poorly as she possibly could. I can only hope that Lavall can be a change agent in a department that is in desperate need. I realize this is asking too much of him, but one can hope that his success leads to greater things for our beloved program.

Quote Originally Posted by JGPanthers View Post
    I tend to disagree (and think you do too); notwithstanding our Athletic Director, who clearly handled the entire situation about as poorly as she possibly could. I can only hope that Lavall can be a change agent in a department that is in desperate need. I realize this is asking too much of him, but one can hope that his success leads to greater things for our beloved program.
    I'm going to discuss my position about this with my good friend JG mostly off the board (Lord knows that things around here are frictious enough), but I will say for the record that L.J. is set up to fail in the current climate.

What happens if he goes 19-13 in his first year? That won't meet the standards of the current administration, correct? Will he be bought out? Put on watch? Is it possible for an A.D. to supervise a coach more than sending him a text message during a game?

Do these people realize that in order to post a top 100 RPI out of the Horizon League every year you'll need about 25 wins every year ... or was that just a flimsy excuse used to end the season and jettison the coach?
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-11-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Here's my story about the athletic department...

My family has had season tickets going back to the first time we played at MECCA (that's what it was called then - Fran, I know you remember those days). That's a span of over 25 years.

Before this last season, I made the difficult decision to not renew my seats.

Shortly before the season started, I received 2 sets of season tickets in the mail. (This was after Brian left, and a sign of transition pains or incompetence).

I called the ticket office to tell them I had received the tickets, had not paid for them, was not renewing season tickets, and asked what I should do with the tickets received.

"Oh, sorry, you can just shred them, throw them out, or send them back." Absolutely nothing about why I'm not renewing, etc.

And they wonder why season ticket sales are down 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherFan1997 View Post

My family has had season tickets going back to the first time we played at MECCA (that's what it was called then - Fran, I know you remember those days). That's a span of over 25 years.

Shortly before the season started, I received 2 sets of season tickets in the mail. (This was after Brian left, and a sign of transition pains or incompetence).

I called the ticket office to tell them I had received the tickets, had not paid for them, was not renewing season tickets, and asked what I should do with the tickets received.

"Oh, sorry, you can just shred them, throw them out, or send them back." Absolutely nothing about why I'm not renewing, etc.

The embarrassment is palpable. Literally the most inept administration in the last 10 years....and that is really saying a lot.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherFan1997 View Post

Welcome to the U Board!

It's incredible how bad things are.

First, let me say that while I am not buddies with Fran, I know him well enough to know he is typically not prone to rash actions. He was even part of a private emails exchange and asked to be removed to make sure he remained above reproach. I remember him all the way back to the Majerus lunch talk and coming away with the sense that he was a sober, reflective guy who was realistic about things, in comparison to my more aggressive and perhaps less realistic positions. Losing Fran is a bigger deal than many would understand.

As for the hard questions, I never expected any answers. I kinda already know them, which is why I didn't expect any real response with supporting facts. (Hey Fran....never ask a question you don't already know the answer to, right? )

Interestingly, I got a response from the Chancellor to an email I sent. It was dismissive, and read like a press release out of the AD, not the true feelings or thoughts of Mone. It even contained the oft repeated lie about how UWM funds the program at the highest level in the Horizon League.

It's clear that the problem here is more than AB. Mone needs to grow a set, or go somewhere else.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post

It's clear that the problem here is more than AB. Mone needs to grow a set, or go somewhere else.
    Bingo, that's what I've been saying.
    March Madness starts in November

dr, in fairness, those minimum expectation standards may have just been pureed horse manure invented to try to create a justification for a decision that had already been made, and that were offered to the press post facto to try to deflect the withering criticism of the manner and timing of that decision and of the gamesmanship that preceded it.

So LaVall is probably safe after year one no matter what happens.

But in year two, LaVall? Keep your attorney's and agent's numbers in your speed dial. You may need them.
    Last edited by BBF; 04-11-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

BBF.

I'm getting tired of all this negativity. We get it, you don't like AB, you don't like Mone, you don't like Panther fans who disagree with you, you don't say anything positive about LaVall,you aren't going to support the program until...whenever. Yet you keep posting on both boards?? I agree with much of what you say, by the way. The way that AB handled everything was awful. I don't mind Jeter being fired, but just the way it went down was not good. But what is done is done, that is in the past now. If you don't want to be a Panther Fan anymore that is fine, you have that choice, I respect it. Go root for the Badgers or Marquette instead. But I'm just tired of hearing all this complaining, not just by you, but others too. Whether we like it or not, a new chapter of UWM (Uw-Milwaukee? Milwaukee? I never know what to call it) has begun. I for one, will still follow closely and go to games when I can. I like coach Jordan and see much potential in him. He earned a head coaching job (glad its ours) and deserve support.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast