Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Jordan

Excited about the hire to be honest....it's nice to actually have a bit of positive news after all the AD crap we had to endure.
    2014 UWM Grad in Atmospheric Sciences.
    Road Trips: UIC x 3, Loyola, Wright State x 2, Green Bay x 2, UW-Madison x 3, Northwestern, Detroit, Valpo x 2, Northern Iowa and Depaul.

If am I not mistaken, he took undersized guard Trey Burke to B1G Player of the Year & Trey was a finalist for National Player of the Year as well. This could bode even better for Jordy if he decides to stick around.
    2014 UWM Grad in Atmospheric Sciences.
    Road Trips: UIC x 3, Loyola, Wright State x 2, Green Bay x 2, UW-Madison x 3, Northwestern, Detroit, Valpo x 2, Northern Iowa and Depaul.

It's great to hear all the positive things being said about LJ - a lot of great press for our program from some people on the national stage. His reputation seems to be as good as their is and he has the backing of some former players that our kids can relate too. Hopefully they stick around next season, it could be fun to watch Jordy and Akeem being coached by LJ. Either way, welcome to the family Coach Jordan, damn glad to have you lead our program!!

Is it just me or could that have been filmed in 2005?
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    Is it just me or could that have been filmed in 2005?
    Not the same actors in other spots.
    March Madness starts in November

Press Conference reactions:
    • Hearing AB go on and on about how important integrity is makes me want to vomit.
    • She has a long way to go to not look like a deer in the headlights doing these things.
    • Loved the slip by LJ: "University of Milwaukee" twice!!!
    • Love the nod to Jeter....must make AB squirm
    • Man....he looks like RJ's little brother....or younger self, even
    • Like his humility a lot
    • Not convinced that he was AB's choice...Mone made the call....I think in more ways than one.
    • I hope he can keep the team together...he seems to have the right approach to it.
    • I wonder what they have told him about the previous few years...and how he reacted....would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation
    • Wish I could hear his mom....sounded like she stole the show!
    • Man....he reminds me of RJ
    • Like his flat out statement that the players are the priority....wonder how that makes AB feel?
    • He slipped in the Hoosiers "same 10 ft"...nice
    • He seems to "get" the program-donor relationship....I hope they stay out of his way in the AD on that. Wonder how much of the board and such he has been exposed to.
    • It still feels odd to have a Butler guy at the helm....like the Packers hiring a former Bear at head coach.

Overall take: Seems like a genuine guy. Very young, but I can see why he was held in such high regard at MU. He did not seem overwhelmed to me. Felt very much like he has a plan for his first few weeks here and knows what he wants to accomplish.I would feel much, MUCH, better if he was not under the watchful eye of AB...I just refuse to trust her in anything...she has not earned it.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Welcome to Milwaukee Basketball, Coach Jordan.

Watch your back.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Of course I felt the media missed at asking some questions. For one would have been about putting together a coaching staff and the time table on that.

Todd Rosiak*‏@Todd_Rosiak

Deal in place for LaVall Jordan will pay him $350,000 annually plus incentives.

Todd Rosiak*‏@Todd_Rosiak

Jordan also receives a salary pool of $300,000 to hire "4.5 assistant coaches/support staff."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast