Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan

I wish him luck. For many years, I have told young interviewees that if they could write down their ideal job, find it, and then when they got there found they didn't like the people they were working for, they would hate that job.

So yeah, I wish him luck. He will need more of it than he knows right now. Leopards don't change their spots.

How about we start winning some conference tournaments before worrying about where he'll go next? I hope he does leave in three years. That means we're kicking some ass again.

Yeah, it's been years since we did that.

Two years.

And eighth before that.

Damn Butler!

(And everyone knows that I deeply admire the Bulldogs.)

Quote Originally Posted by uwm97 View Post
    I hope he is, but I have serious doubts. Why do you think he is?
    Everyone had question marks. Billeter only got Augie going the last 2 years out of 13 - he wasn't even Rob Jeter through 11. Donte Jackson is great, but he's only in year 2 as HC and in D-II. Pat Miller was never a candidate. The other guys are all assistants.

I think he's a great recruiter, a great personality, and his baptism in college basketball was in a program with the best culture a mid-major has ever put together, so I know he knows what needs to be done. Calling timeouts and making subs? That's a learning curve. But this guy is a leader and a quick one at that. I think he'll be just fine.

But don't kid yourself - it takes a village. And when the town shaman is poisoning the well, it really doesn't matter what the mayor can do.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Press conference at 4 pm., Fireside Lounge in the Union.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast