Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan

I have hopes that LJ will be a good hire. He seems very grounded as a person, and highly respected at Michigan. How he will be as a HC remains to be seen. If the players decide to stay, that will say a lot to me.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Alright, well in Jordan we trust.

Reading about how Lavall Jordan is good with guards, I would think that this would give Akeem and Jordy really good reason to stay with the team.

It's official: http://bit.ly/1qxXEdH

I'll go on record as supportive of the hire, although I fear he will be here only until Beilein retires at Michigan. I really hope that we protected ourselves in the contract with a very healthy buyout...I mean REALLY healthy.

I long for the day when an announcement of a new coach does not immediately trigger the thoughts of the next coaching search.
    Last edited by TheDarkHawkReturns; 04-07-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    Class of 1998
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

I think we'd lose him to Butler first, but that's just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    Whoever calls first...The MU boards were filled with "good luck....see you in a few years" type messages. Like I said, we either better have a strong buyout clause or be ready to pull a Dick Strong and write a really big check or two.
    Class of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    Maybe, but Holtmann seems to be doing a good (but not incredible) job so far and Beilein is 63.

LaVall Jordan is a rising star in coaching. He is a terrific teacher, an expert recruiter, and an excellent tactician. LaVall learned it and lived it the Butler Way and was an integral part of Michigan's success. He is a class individual in every respect. Milwaukee has a great one in LaVall Jordan." –*Jay Bilas, ESPN Analyst
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by parkerj View Post
    Maybe, but Holtmann seems to be doing a good (but not incredible) job so far and Beilein is 63.
    Both great points J, but unless LaVall has a Bruce-like 4-5 seasons here, Michigan will make a much bigger splash to replace Beilein. He is an Upper Echelon coach, second in the B1G only to Izzo currently IMO, and Wolverine alums will expect another one. Remember, Beilein came from West Virginia, so Michigan isn't afraid to take another high-major's head coach. Heck, Harbaugh might even talk them into stealing bro-in-law Crean from Indiana! (As a casual Michigan basketball fan, that would be awful.)

I like the hire. If he brings Spike Albrecht and a 1-for-1 from Coach Beilein, I'll like it even more!
    346 Freak board posts prior to censorship. This is my home now.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast