Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrunner0097 View Post
    Butler fans really wanted him to replace Stevens when he left.
    As soon as I started looking for info on him I found that exact line a few times. While he may be very similar to Jeter only younger, if a fan base that had just gone to back to back Final Fours wanted him as their head coach - that should say quite a bit about how well respected he is.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I don't know if we'll ever get an answer to this in part because we're not covered by the local paper, but I would really like to know how seriously Billeter, Miller, Semling, Grzesk and Diener were considered for this position.

It seems that there were some very viable candidates with a track record of success as a head coach who were passed over here.

I would love to get some illumination on things.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-08-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Where is the Board of Regents during all of this?
    Hopefully the alarm clock Mone has underneath his desk will go off soon so as to alert him to the new/old coach his subordinate just hired.
    "Heartbreaker, brew baker..."

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    LaVall Jordan isn't Rob Jeter, right? I'm pretty sure they are two different people. So in fact yes, this is shaking things up. They are basketball coaches, how much different does anybody's resume look! Would you have been happy with Otzelberger? How is his resume any different from Rob's?

Rob was here 10 years and was average. It was time to move on. Why are people fighting change?? I don't understand it. Let's try for something better and not the same average status quo of the past 10 years.
    Because we aren't fighting change, from our point of view.

We all recognize that as Athletic Director, Amanda Braun had the authority to fire Rob Jeter. We all recognize that she has done so, and that a coach will be hired to replace Jeter.

She has given us precious little reason to believe that she is up to the task of hiring a better coach, so far.

Insanity is defined, famously, as doing the same thing and expecting different results. You will have to pardon those of us who think that by hiring this coach, Amanda Braun would be doing the same thing and expecting different results.

If she really wants to elevate the program, why hire someone who even appears to be Rob Jeter redux?

Granted, if she was actively sabotaging Rob Jeter to try to get rid of him (a charge of which i have yet seen no refutation from Amanda Braun), she is likely to give her hire more support. What guarantee that is of better results remains to be seen.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    By the way, an MU fan saying we made a great hire is cute. It's sort of like us saying MU made a great hire in WOJO! Gosh, I sure hope we can expect similarly spectacular results!
    So are you only supposed to follow, cheer, or support one team?
    If you are a MU fan you can't also cheer for UWM, or if you are a UW fan you can't also follow or support UWM?

Quote Originally Posted by uwm97 View Post
    ding! Ding! Ding!
    Well hiring a D2 or D3 coach is hardly a guaranty of success either.

That's the money phrase, 'Heap: "Elevating the program."

So Braun must expect Jordan to deliver better than a 20-13 record and an RPI of 165 or above next season.

Actually, she must expect him to lead the team to an RPI of 100 or above; she said so to the local paper.

Otherwise, why would she have made a change?
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-08-2016 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    By the way, an MU fan saying we made a great hire is cute. It's sort of like us saying MU made a great hire in WOJO! Gosh, I sure hope we can expect similarly spectacular results!

Hey just offering an opinion. Unlike some people, I don't have an obsessive need to reference another basketball program as a response.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Hey just offering an opinion. Unlike some people, I don't have an obsessive need to reference another basketball program as a response.
    Wasn't actually referring to you, but good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    That's the money quote, 'Heap: "Elevating the program."

So Braun must expect Jordan to deliver better than a 20-13 record and an RPI of 165 or above next season.

Otherwise, why would she have made a change?
    You forgot top three finish in the H League, I believe.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast