Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan

Jordan

Great hire! I'm thrilled. Big improvement over Jeter I guarantee it.

Kudos to Braun!

Quote Originally Posted by uwm97 View Post
    Based on what?
    Highly regarded. Learned under Beilein who is an excellent coach. Not only is Beilein a great coach, plays a very fun style. I would assume Jordan will implement the same thing at Milwaukee.

I think Jordan is much better than Webster would have been. TJ would have been a great choice also, but I really like this hire.

I love it! Well done! I can't wait!
    March Madness starts in November

The EXACT same things were said when Jeter was hired. Who know what style he'll play. Jeter said they'd continue to push the ball when he was hired and we know how that turned out. This was a safe hire and I don't see how this is going to lead to these expectations Braun has set. I hope it works out but this appears to be more of the same.

The EXACT same things were said when Jeter was hired. Who know what style he'll play. Jeter said they'd continue to push the ball when he was hired and we know how that turned out. This was a safe hire and I don't see how this is going to lead to these expectations Braun has set. I hope it works out but this appears to be more of the same.
    Well, after 10 years with Jeter we know it didn't work. It was time to shake things up. Just because they look alike and were both assistant coaches doesn't mean they'll have the same results!

"Shaking things up" is doing something different. This isn't something different. It's the same resume 11 years later.

"Shaking things up" is doing something different. This isn't something different. It's the same resume 11 years later.
    LaVall Jordan isn't Rob Jeter, right? I'm pretty sure they are two different people. So in fact yes, this is shaking things up. They are basketball coaches, how much different does anybody's resume look! Would you have been happy with Otzelberger? How is his resume any different from Rob's?

Rob was here 10 years and was average. It was time to move on. Why are people fighting change?? I don't understand it. Let's try for something better and not the same average status quo of the past 10 years.

Who do you think UWM was going to get? You are either looking at a D2 or D3 coach, or a top assistant somewhere. Just because an assistant was hired 11 years ago, and they are hiring another one now, that doesn't mean the same results will occur.

And there it is: Our new coach is a young assistant from a Big Ten program known for its very slow tempo offense. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Rob Jeter!

Er, I mean, Lavall Jordan.

Putting aside the farcical nature of this entire process for the moment, here is my favorite Lavall Jordan clip. It happens at 36 seconds. I'm not being funny, either. I always appreciated that he enjoyed the moment, even though his team had just been stung by an incredible shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLRH...&nohtml5=False

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast