Thread: David Diggs

David Diggs

Does anyone know what David Diggs is up to?

I swear I saw him this morning in the lower level of Chase Tower on Dearborn and Monroe this morning. I was in a conversation that I couldn't break away from otherwise I would have asked him.

Was at the G.A.S. in '01 for DWade's coming out party where Diggs made 5? threes in championship game against the Zags. He certainly helped the team's GPA - kind of a brainiac as I recall. Engineering?

One of my brothers used to work at Madison Square Garden and a few years after Diggs graduated my brother went out for lunch and ran into Diggs and a couple of his work colleagues and my brother recognized him and yelled very assertively at the guys "Gonzaga game!!". Diggs smiled and his colleagues were pretty impressed that a guy would recognize him in the middle of NYC.

If it was him, he looked like he could still lace 'em up.

That was probably him. Is now an executive director at JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. And per Mrs. Alpha, he is still a really good looking dude. Thankfully , he is married and I believe has a child. I am safe.......for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    That was probably him. Is now an executive director at JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. And per Mrs. Alpha, he is still a really good looking dude. Thankfully , he is married and I believe has a child. I am safe.......for now.
    Cool - I'll have to yell "Gonzaga!" if I see him again. However, he was with a blonde that looked a lot like Mrs. Alpha. She looked pretty content too. But who am I too judge?

In any event, you were at that tourney Alpha - seems like yesterday we all went to the hotel bar with the that huge stuffed polar bear after the Gonzaga game and Mark Few came down looking for TC to have a night cap.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Cool - I'll have to yell "Gonzaga!" if I see him again. However, he was with a blonde that looked a lot like Mrs. Alpha. She looked pretty content too. But who am I too judge?

In any event, you were at that tourney Alpha - seems like yesterday we all went to the hotel bar with the that huge stuffed polar bear after the Gonzaga game and Mark Few came down looking for TC to have a night cap.
    Rumor has it there are some pictures of certain people in compromising positions with stuffed grizzly bears but I will neither confirm or deny that.

Rumor has it there are some pictures of certain people in compromising positions with stuffed grizzly bears but I will neither confirm or deny that.
    I have no doubt!

I am safe.......for now.
    No, you are never safe. She is, you're not.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I saw David Diggs this morning again at the Chase Tower in the Loop and this time I introduced myself and told him the story about my brother recognizing him and giving him a shout out about the Gonzaga game out in front of MSG years ago while DD was with a couple work colleagues walking back to the office from lunch. I asked him if he remembered that and he immediately said yes with a chuckle as he said that DWade was just becoming the "in" guy in the NBA and as a result of DD being a teammate of DWade's at MU and my brother's shout out the guys from work he was with made him an instant celebrity at the office.

Also, I told him that I was the GAS when he went off on the Zags and I couldn't remember if it was 5 or 6 threes and he said w/o hesitation "5...5 for 5".

However, he made no mention of MUAlphaBangura's wife and the assumed mutual attraction.

He's been in Chicago for about 10 years now and first lived in the South Loop until he got married and started having kids - lives in Plainfield now.

Jim, if you get your radio show back on air he would be a good interview as he overlapped the Deane and Crean administrations - probably some good stories.
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 04-26-2016 at 02:45 PM.