Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nova

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 7m7 minutes ago
    Villanova & UNC have outscored tournament opp. by 202 pts, largest combined margin of victory in tournament history for teams in title game.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    "The Big East still faces plenty of questions, particularly in regard to an onerous television contract with Fox Sports, which hurts its exposure."

How does games on FS1, FS2, FOX, FSN (RSN's) CBS, CBSSN or games right by ESPN hurt the exposure?
    No question that the Fox contract is pretty lucrative for the Big East members, but the Fox ratings overall and for the BE, although improving, have been been pretty weak. That is why I think collectively the OOC scheduling for the BE is so important and not bad if a good chunk of those (hopefully high profile) tournaments and one off games are on ESPN where they are still the default go to sports network. Let folks see the quality of ball being played in the Big East to the point where they are seeking out what channels to watch BE games and eventually make it a habit to channel surf FS1 etc. to catch a game.

The Nova run has been huge for the Big East although the X loss still stings - an ND game would have been fun and I think X could have won - having two BE teams in the Elite 8 would have been awesome.

You can kind of consider the Big East as an early stage company and sampling should still be part of their business plan IMO.

I hope Fox can get FS1 bunched with the sports networks in the channel lineup. Viewers are more likely to land on a game if they're flipping through ESPN/ESPN2/RSN and find FS1 right there.

Having FS2 in HD would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I hope Fox can get FS1 bunched with the sports networks in the channel lineup. Viewers are more likely to land on a game if they're flipping through ESPN/ESPN2/RSN and find FS1 right there.

Having FS2 in HD would be nice as well.

With DirectTV both are the case!

Also good for the league will be players not projected as 1st round picks to return to school. Bentil, Whitehead, Watson, Reynolds, Bluiett, etc. The conference could be really strong again next season if those players return. Xavier could use losing in the 2nd round the same way it motivated Nova this season.

FS1 + FS2 are both in HD on DishNetwork...

Yes yes, I'm shaking I'm so exhausted and excited!
    March Madness starts in November

What a game!!! Go Big East!!! Was not confident if it went into OT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast