Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nova

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I think Nova is going to have some trouble with UNC. Long, tall and athletic. Much more difficult for them to get open looks.

I wonder what JP Tokoto is thinking right now?
    On the surface, that sure seems to be the way it could go. Yet Syracuse had plenty of open looks last night. They just couldn't hit much. Nova has been making shots consistently in this tourney regardless of the defenses they've played against. Carolina is long and athletic, but they are very soft and I've yet to see them play at the intensity level that Villanova does. I will not discount Nova's toughness. They seem to be really focused. I think they will punch Carolina right in the face.... let's see how Carolina responds. I feel really good about Villanova's chances.

It would be awesome if Nova knocked off UNC tomorrow, and not just from the standpoint of it helping the image/status of the BE. It boils my blood to see the Tarheels in position to win an NC after all of the academic fraud that lasted for so many years there.

Even if none of its present players participated in the fraud, it happened and continued on Roy's watch...for years. There was no way that he and members of his staff were blissfully unaware of what was going on. Too many players involved over too many years for him to not know.

The fact that there have still been no consequences for years of explicit cheating is disgraceful.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball...anova-big-east

Good article on the Big East. Confirming again that sounds like Creighton going rogue talking about expansion.

I don't want to say that Creighton is having second thoughts about joining the BE, because I don't think that's the case at all. But I wonder if they feel like an outlier. They're geographically more distant and don't have any natural rivals in the conference. (I know Marquette used to play them regularly, but not for a long while.) It might just take some time before they feel "comfortable."

Creighton's a.d. should shut up and thank his lucky stars the Blue Jays are no longer in the MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I don't want to say that Creighton is having second thoughts about joining the BE, because I don't think that's the case at all. But I wonder if they feel like an outlier. They're geographically more distant and don't have any natural rivals in the conference. (I know Marquette used to play them regularly, but not for a long while.) It might just take some time before they feel "comfortable."
    I'm definitely glad that the Big East has them - hard to ignore those 17,000 + fans they generate each game. Geographically (and maybe culturally for now) they are an outlier for sure as the map in the link below shows - Big East is fairly concentrated geographically with the exception of CU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_East_Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Creighton's a.d. should shut up and thank his lucky stars the Blue Jays are no longer in the MVC.
    No kidding. That program has such an inflated view of itself since 13-14's team with Doug, Wragge, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    "The Big East still faces plenty of questions, particularly in regard to an onerous television contract with Fox Sports, which hurts its exposure."

How does games on FS1, FS2, FOX, FSN (RSN's) CBS, CBSSN or games right by ESPN hurt the exposure?
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    "The Big East still faces plenty of questions, particularly in regard to an onerous television contract with Fox Sports, which hurts its exposure."

How does games on FS1, FS2, FOX, FSN (RSN's) CBS, CBSSN or games right by ESPN hurt the exposure?

Not to mention that it is the most lucrative television contract the current BE members have ever seen.

4 million per school that don't have FBS level football and have to match 85 sports for women's sports.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast