Thread: Would you fire this coach? (Part 2)

Would you fire this coach? (Part 2)

You have a coach for 11 seasons. He's slightly above average in record. It's time to make a decision. You play Amanda Braun:

- 170-144 (54.1% winning percentage) in 11 seasons.

- Three NIT appearances, no victories.

- One conference regular season title, shared.

- No NCAA Tournament appearances.

- Finishes above 5th place only five times in 11 years.

- One conference Coach of the Year award.

- One 20-win season.

- Never ranked in any poll.

What do you think? Do you fire this coach? He's only slightly better than average. Unlike Jeter, he's never been to the NCAA Tournament. He doesn't have any postseason victories in 3 NIT appearances.

So what do you think? Play Amanda Braun for a second. You gonna fire this guy?

Well?

Okay, you'll fire him? Cool.

Congratulations, you just fired Jim Larranaga

Jim Larranaga is an ass and is a real baby in the media when his teams lose. So, I would always can him and the U.
    March Madness starts in November

MU/Panther - the more relevant question may be: If we could hire him RIGHT NOW....would you still take him? I would....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Patience isn't considered a virtue these days. Ambitious administrators want to make their bones to prove to their next employer that they can get things done. It's a lot easier (and flashier) to fire coaches than it is to fix systemic problems. Gives you something to put on the resume.