Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to Jeter - and Boudreau, Duffy, Bid, Ronnie, Sharif, Chris and everyone

Thanks to Jeter - and Boudreau, Duffy, Bid, Ronnie, Sharif, Chris and everyone

There should be a thread for saying goodbye to Rob Jeter and his staff. They served this program with respect, dignity and poise for 11 years. They won more than they lost, and they took us to places we had rarely been before. If you have any messages you want to pass along to the coaches, this is the place.

For all the times you guys helped us out with road game tickets and such, it was always very much appreciated! We always had fun traveling wherever to watch the team!

I really enjoyed watching Rob's teams, and I thought the staff represented the school and the program in an exemplary manner. All the best to those guys and I'm sure they'll land on their feet. If they ever came back, I'd welcome them with open arms.

Thanks for all the memories. Thanks for caring about my alma matter as much as many of us do. Thanks for teaching your players how to be men. Thanks for never making me have to apologize or be embarrassed for my school or it's program. Finally, thanks for all the great memories. I will ALWAYS remember having to stifle my cheers as I watched the 2014 team win the conference tourney while on a flight home from CA after a business trip. Best flight ever, even if the screen was a bit small.

Also, I would like to apologize for the way it ended. You deserved much better, as did your players. You deserved dignity, respect, and consideration, and so did they.

What DarkHawk said...
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

An absolutely great group of people. As I think back on all the joy, the good times, the bad times, the excitement, the fun, the trips over the last decade what really stands out to me is this group of people. The University is a better place for having had these guys run our program. While we're at it, don't forget Chip, big shot Al, DeeDee Merritt, Kevin O'Connor and Charlie Gross. Thank you all.

I'm new to the board and whole "blogosphere" thing...but I have to say that Coach Jeter was a great representation of our program and he and his staff carried themselves with a tremendous amount of integrity and professionalism. Nothing but best wishes for all of them going forward - his first year with the panthers was my first with university also...sad to see him go as he's the only coach I've seen since my college freshman year.

as a side note, I'm thoroughly excited to join this board (I am not an insider or part of the AD staff...I'm just an alum who got to storm the court twice at the cell and streams all the games on my ESPN app and really hope their are better days ahead) and to know the true fans of the program!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
    I'm new to the board and whole "blogosphere" thing...but I have to say that Coach Jeter was a great representation of our program and he and his staff carried themselves with a tremendous amount of integrity and professionalism. Nothing but best wishes for all of them going forward - his first year with the panthers was my first with university also...sad to see him go as he's the only coach I've seen since my college freshman year.

as a side note, I'm thoroughly excited to join this board (I am not an insider or part of the AD staff...I'm just an alum who got to storm the court twice at the cell and streams all the games on my ESPN app and really hope their are better days ahead) and to know the true fans of the program!
    Welcome to the U-Board!

I'm happy to see people turning out. I also think we've all pretty much punched ourselves out of vitriol in our arguments - at least on this board. I'm happy that we're able to be cordial. Things are hopefully looking up!

I am a convert from the freak board after all of that crap going on over there. Anyways, I had many awesome times with this coaching staff as a fan during my time as an undergrad at UWM. From going on that awesome run in '10-'11 to get the HL tourney at home, traveling to NW that year for the NIT, the amazing run in '13-'14 and traveling to Wright State for the HL championship game. I had one of the most enjoyable seasons last year in my first season as an Alumni season ticket holder with DunneDeal and SpiritOfBruce (even with all of the close losses). Good luck to Rob and his staff as they were always helping and thoughtful when it came to road trips during my undergrad years.
    2014 UWM Grad in Atmospheric Sciences.
    Road Trips: UIC x 3, Loyola, Wright State x 2, Green Bay x 2, UW-Madison x 3, Northwestern, Detroit, Valpo x 2, Northern Iowa and Depaul.

Thank you coaches and players for everything over these last 11 years.
    Last edited by DKelly28; 04-04-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast