Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nice start to the 2016 non conference schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Guess one could say that about the SEC most years as well.
    Not to quibble too much but the WCC does feature Gonzaga, St. Mary's & BYU so there's typically more than one good team. But, you're right, it is a mid-major conference and I wasn't suggesting it in lieu of a relationship with another major conference but rather an alternative to some of the low RPI teams we've seen populate our schedule in recent years. It also has the benefit of attracting some attention from the West Coast media and potential recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    Not to quibble too much but the WCC does feature Gonzaga, St. Mary's & BYU so there's typically more than one good team. But, you're right, it is a mid-major conference and I wasn't suggesting it in lieu of a relationship with another major conference but rather an alternative to some of the low RPI teams we've seen populate our schedule in recent years. It also has the benefit of attracting some attention from the West Coast media and potential recruits.
    ...and I think the MU alums out west deserve to get to see MU play out in that neck of the woods more than seemingly once a decade or so whether it is the PAC 12 or the WCC. Help them stay engaged with MU.

Nice road trip too for us out here in the Midwest and East.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    ...and I think the MU alums out west deserve to get to see MU play out in that neck of the woods more than seemingly once a decade or so whether it is the PAC 12 or the WCC. Help them stay engaged with MU.

Nice road trip too for us out here in the Midwest and East.
    Bring the fellas out to Pepperdine. They can hit Malibu and then us out West can watch them play. DePaul made the trip a few years ago.

A number of teams from the Midwest and east coast have made a stop over in CA on their way to the Maui Classic in order to play a game.

MU plays out there in November or 2017, so I wonder if that is something we will do.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    A number of teams from the Midwest and east coast have made a stop over in CA on their way to the Maui Classic in order to play a game.

MU plays out there in November or 2017, so I wonder if that is something we will do.
    I'd love to start a home-and-home with St. Mary's then.
    #BringShakaHome

The Utah announcement is nice, but the real problem is the cupcakes. Clean those up and the schedule will be fine.

IUPUI got a grad transfer from Kent State who averaged 12 ppg (http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...omas/82871116/). They will also have Ron Patterson (Syracuse Transfer) eligible for next season...should be pretty formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I'd love to start a home-and-home with St. Mary's then.
    McKeon sits 3500 only. High school gym.

Add Vandy to the schedule in the Veterans Classic on November 11th. Game will played in Annapolis, MD. OSU vs Navy in the other match up.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-state-vs-navy

Dish over on Scoop said that it looks like Marquette and Creighton are not getting Gavitt games this year. Could have prompted MU finding another high level opponent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast