Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Departures

Departures

Here's the initial article by Rosiak about Springs, Johnson and Arians asking for their releases

And maybe I'm reading too far into it, but whatever sliver of hope there was for their returns seems to be in doubt. Johnson and Springs RT'd a guy saying they were "leaving" rather than correcting him. Here's the picture from Johnson's twitter:

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 6.28.37 PM.jpg

It's the natural course of things after a coaching change for players to contemplate moving on. As both those guys are outstanding at what they do, I hope a coach is hired that they like.

Another thing I've wondered is whether the new coach will retain Boudreau, Chris Hill, and/or Allan Hanson. With Chris and Al being part of Panther lore, and Boudreau's great recruiting prowess, perhaps one or a couple are here? What do you guys think?

I would put the chances of any of the coaching staff returning at about 1%.

Just my personal feeling.

I guess it would ultimately depend on if Rob gets another gig. They'd go with him in that scenario. I think Rob would be a legitimate candidate at both Saint Louis and Pitt. Some will laugh at that I'm sure, but he does have Bo and Izzo in his corner. Those are pretty great references on a resume.

No way he would get either of those or he never would've been bought out.

If he's going to get another HC job, it'll probably be some sort of step down.
    Last edited by parkerj; 03-26-2016 at 10:20 PM.

He obviously was going to be bought out regardless of result, what are you talking about?

If you put that staff in a stable situation with adequate facilities, I bet alot of you would be pretty salty at the results they would produce. And considering I spent much of the 12-13 season with a Bruce Pearl bighead in the student section, I can hardly be called a Jeter apologist.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. "Salty at the results"???

I doubt any of the coaching staff will want to come back and work for this AD again, even if asked by the new coach. That's why I say a 1% chance.

And I doubt Rob would be up for a job at Pitt or StL. I don't think either school would hire any coach who was just fired from a low Mid-Major Conference like the Horizon.

I don't think anyone associated with the program -- coaches OR players -- WANT to continue at Milwaukee under the circumstances. The only way any of the assistants would do that, I think, would be out of economic necessity. It's obviously harder for the players, who have to think about eligibility issues also. It's absolutely cruel that any of them who might want a fresh start at a school that actually supports its program might have to give up a year of eligibility or even just wait a year. And I suspect that if it were up to this administration, they'd be just as happy to see them all leave if they could figure out a way to field a team without them.

Which brings us to what surely must be a key consideration for our AD as she surveys the potential carnage her intemperate and unnecessary decision has left behind: she needs to find a coach who either has the chance of convincing players to stay, or of being able to bring in a boatload of new players very quickly. If he can do the former (and assuming, of course, that Jordy is one of the players willing to stay), there is at least a chance for the team to finish above the bottom half of the league next year. If he must do the later, look out below. The likelihood of getting a large cohort of D1 worthy players at the last minute is negligible. Moreover, it would naturally raise questions as to whether the recruiting philosophy will suddenly be allowed to change here, for the benefit of "Amanda's guy." Anyone know if Walter Waters still has any eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say. "Salty at the results"???

I doubt any of the coaching staff will want to come back and work for this AD again, even if asked by the new coach. That's why I say a 1% chance.

And I doubt Rob would be up for a job at Pitt or StL. I don't think either school would hire any coach who was just fired from a low Mid-Major Conference like the Horizon.
    I think Spirit of Bruce is saying that our now former staff, at a school with an administration that actually was stable and supportive, would produce some pretty fine results.

And by the way, parkerj, what exactly would constitute a "step down" right now? Any school that isn't an active dumpster fire might well be a step UP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast