Oh, I agree Milwaukee's not heading for a dumpster fire. We're already there.

All I want for our guys is that they be in a position to succeed. I have utterly no confidence that will occur at Milwaukee. No matter who the coach is, you are talking about a program where the administration is willing to sabotage the chance for success to enable their own ambitions. Fool me once, shame on you.

That said, the ties that bind are very strong. Of course I could understand the guys wanting to continue to play together. If they do, so be it and I hope they do well finishing as Panthers.

But take Jordy as an example. His choice right now is to play for a coach he doesn't know, for an administration openly hostile to the program's success, in a league that has made repeated bad decisions. OR -- he could transfer to any number of high major programs that would be thrilled to have him for a year after he sits out next year. There has been speculation about him possibly going to Wisconsin. I have no idea if there is anything to that. But just imagine it. UW's starting point, Koenig, graduates next year. If Jordy went to Madison and sat out, in the 17-18 season he would be given the keys to a Ferrari. Can you imagine what he would do with Happ, Van Vliet, Thomas, Hill, Illikainen, Iverson, Pritzl and Kobe King around him? Would that be bitter for Panther fans? Sure, but it would be awesome for Jordy. Let's be honest -- at Milwaukee Jordy has maybe a 25% chance of playing in the tournament. I'm probably being ridiculously optimistic with that figure. At UW he'd have a near 100% chance, with a team with an opportunity to go deep. And I'm only talking about Wisconsin because I know their situation and there has already been public speculation. Can you doubt there are probably many opportunities like that available to him?