Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bentil

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Bentil is not going to the D-league. Perhaps he will catch on with a team like the Bulls?
    Having four rotation guards that are not major perimeter threats, it makes sense for the Bulls to add a big that can stretch the floor like Bentil. I also like their young big man Bobby Portis (who can also stretch the floor), but there could be room for both Bentil and Portis off the bench.
    #BringShakaHome

Per Jeff Goodman..... Indiana signs Ben Bentil--- who was waived by Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Per Jeff Goodman..... Indiana signs Ben Bentil--- who was waived by Boston.
    Weird to have a drafted guy waived like that - second from this draft as Paige was waived by the Jazz - more info here.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2016...on-celtics-nba

Late 2nd rounders get waived all the time
    Last edited by Markedman; 10-24-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Saw this on twitter

65 players (out of 449) on the opening day NBA roster were undrafted.

Players have far more access to information regarding the draft now than ever before. I just wonder if Bentil either didn't want to stay in college anymore, or if he was listening to the wrong people when he made his decision.

I don't know....he made 300k+ to play this year. No assurances that he would have been drafted higher next season.....

Gets a chance to develop his skills in a pro system without having to go to school. Still could be on a roster this year if he plays well.

He was drafted, which is the second goal (after being drafted in the first round, before making a roster). Maybe not ideal, but clearly at least two GMs thought he was good enough to get a shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12