Thread: College Basketball's Top 101 Players

College Basketball's Top 101 Players

As always, subjective ranking, but interesting nonetheless.

cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-the-top-100-and-one-college-basketball-players-for-2016-17/?

ttag=allsportsdailyheadline210272016&ET_CID=14390&ET_RID=21528234

There are 11 BE players listed, and not unexpectedly, none from MU. There are four from Nova, two from Xavier, two from Creighton, one from GTown, one from Seton Hall, and one from Butler.

I find it hard to disagree with any of those that are ranked, except maybe Bridges. Still, I would agree that based on past performances, no MU players are pretty certain to end up making either first team or even second team all-BE.

It is also interesting that of the 11 players mentioned, Hart, Jenkins, Brunson, Bridges, Blueitt, Copeland, and Delgado were all RSCI Top 100 recruits, but Watson, Sumner, Martin, and Foster were not.

I also found it interesting that Wisconsin has three players ranked in the Top 40 in Hayes, Bronson, and Happ, and two of those players were not viewed as Top 100 recruits, Hayes and Happ.

We may have a great deal of talent this year, but so do other BE teams. But we don't have a proven go-to guy; we don't have a star unless someone takes a major leap. We don't have a Hart. We don't have a Sumner or a Blueitt. We don't have a Martin. We don't have a Delgado.
    I'm hoping someone can make that leap and become a Jimmy B his senior year or a Jae his senior year or even a Vander his junior year.

cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-the-top-100-and-one-college-basketball-players-for-2016-17/?ttag=allsportsdailyheadline210272016&ET_CID=14390&ET_RID=21528234

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    As always, subjective ranking, but interesting nonetheless.

cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-the-top-100-and-one-college-basketball-players-for-2016-17/?

ttag=allsportsdailyheadline210272016&ET_CID=14390&ET_RID=21528234

There are 11 BE players listed, and not unexpectedly, none from MU. There are four from Nova, two from Xavier, two from Creighton, one from GTown, one from Seton Hall, and one from Butler.

I find it hard to disagree with any of those that are ranked, except maybe Bridges. Still, I would agree that based on past performances, no MU players are pretty certain to end up making either first team or even second team all-BE.

It is also interesting that of the 11 players mentioned, Hart, Jenkins, Brunson, Bridges, Blueitt, Copeland, and Delgado were all RSCI Top 100 recruits, but Watson, Sumner, Martin, and Foster were not.

I also found it interesting that Wisconsin has three players ranked in the Top 40 in Hayes, Bronson, and Happ, and two of those players were not viewed as Top 100 recruits, Hayes and Happ.

We may have a great deal of talent this year, but so do other BE teams. But we don't have a proven go-to guy; we don't have a star unless someone takes a major leap. We don't have a Hart. We don't have a Sumner or a Blueitt. We don't have a Martin. We don't have a Delgado.
    I'm hoping someone can make that leap and become a Jimmy B his senior year or a Jae his senior year or even a Vander his junior year.

cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-the-top-100-and-one-college-basketball-players-for-2016-17/?ttag=allsportsdailyheadline210272016&ET_CID=14390&ET_RID=21528234
    While Luke Fischer may not put up massive scoring numbers, his overall impact will be all-conference worthy. He is healthy now, and not sharing space inside with Ellenson (for as good as they looked as a pair on paper, in reality they did not mesh well). I think he has a few games this year like his Marquette debut against ASU, and averages 14 points, 8 rebounds, and 1.5-2 blocks per game.

Also, I would take Cheatham over a good majority of those bottom 20-30 players.
    #BringShakaHome