Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Freak board is Lord of the Flies

Here is the reaction to the new "Discussion" policy on the Eunich Board (hat tip to BBF). My response is (so far) in the thread....until it is deleted and I am warned and then banned for non-compliance with the thought police.

http://uwmfreak.proboards.com/post/128685/thread

For posterity so when my response to the Eunuch Board's new terms and conditions is eventually deleted and I am banned.

"So, we have a "discussion board" where "discussion" is only allowed if the shadow admin (a person who is nameless and faceless) deems the discussion to be a) worthy and b) not critical of the program or of the administration?

From the admin post on why the site was down, there is this gem: "Posts here are a reflection on the university and athletic programs we all love so much. Yes, you are a reflection on the university."

Ummm...no they are not, and no we are not. Comments here are a reflection of the opinion of private individuals, and in no way reflect anything other than that person's opinion. To state otherwise misses the point of a PRIVATELY run FAN forum. That statement by the admin is frankly absurd.Are we similarly going to discover that we are not allowed to boo at games as well, because it hurts the feelings of some in the administration?

Some other gems from admin:"You’ll see some threads have been locked or deleted, and some posts have gone missing. We need to bring civility back to the board, no matter which side of the issue at hand you fall on." - Well, since all the threads started after March 8th are locked, I guess that means that only threads that have no criticism of the AD are considered "civil".

A thread I started that asked for answers to very relevant, substantive questions dealing with the specific responsibilities of the Athletic Director has been locked. There was no reference to the firing, or alleged actions she has taken. There were only real, serious questions, no name calling, and not even calls for her termination.

Yet this thread has been locked like all the others. So is my take away that even asking substantive questions about the performance of Amanda Braun is now considered to be uncivil, and not allowed as a topic of discussion?

Again, from the admin's post "This is not the place to bash players, coaches, or the administration."

I guess that all the calls for firing Jeter on this board - For many years now - were not bashing of the coaches. That was "civil discourse".

But calling for the firing of the AD for 1 week is uncivil and cannot be tolerated. Good to know. I guess we all must tow the line for the AD, whoever that is, and never demand change at THAT level. Coaches, though, are open season.

Finally, there is this gem from admin: "This board, while not previously moderated very strictly, will not tolerate violations of the guidelines outlined above going forward. Posts/threads violating these guidelines will removed, and posters will be warned and potentially removed from the forum."

Ladies and gentlemen, witness the new definition of "discussion". This is now a safe space where dissent, criticism, or free thought WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

I fully expect to soon be "warned" by the admin for this post, and subsequently banned because I refuse to allow a nameless, faceless party to control the conversation and censor people's expression....and I would feel this way regardless of who the AD is."
    Last edited by TheDarkHawkReturns; 03-26-2016 at 12:12 PM.

That's the college world we live in today.

We are raising an entire generation of kids who will not be able to deal with the real world when they learn not everyone thinks the same way they do.

That you do not have this "safe space" garbage in the real world.

I mean did you hear about what happened at Emory University this past week? Sounded like an Onion article.

I might actually start watching the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
    I might actually start watching the Bucks.
    Please God no.

Yes, that's how disgusted I am with all this.

And I'm not just talking about this Panther Civil War.

I see that the Freak board is back on. After perusing the admin's scolding of everyone, I can say unequivocally that I will never return to that board.
    346 Freak board posts prior to censorship. This is my home now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Bruce View Post
    I see that the Freak board is back on. After perusing the admin's scolding of everyone, I can say unequivocally that I will never return to that board.
    You and many others will never return to the Eunuch board. You can now consider it a wholly owned subsidiary of the administration. If they want your opinion, they'll tell it to you.

There. Changed my avatar and added a signature.

Now I'm done with that board.

The Amanda Braun love fest over there can continue without me.

My question: where do i continue discussions of women's basketball and volleyball, so that i can be ignored here as i am on the eunuch board?
    Last edited by Skrapheap; 03-29-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast