Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Freak board is Lord of the Flies

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    If the admins have really locked out the board, that is just ridiculous. The point of that board is to discuss the program, and sometimes disagree with the decisions and direction. I hope that they are really fixing something and this is just a coincidence. I really would hate to find out that the AD told the admins to shut it down. That is just....well....petty.
    Nope, don't think they are fixing something. Might be "fixing" a few posts thou. Wouldn't surprise me if the school contacted the Admin and asked to have it closed down for awhile. I mean colleges today have become the speech and thought police after all.

If they have shut down the board, I can't imagine what would have pushed them to it.

Did I miss some Startling Revelation About Amanda Braun That Must Be Supressed At All Costs? Seemed to be business as usual, although the disagreements were sharper than normal.

Criticism seems to be something that the AD has a hard time dealing with. I would also imagine that the AD feared that is was going to impair her ability to attract a candidate. What's funny about that is that the stuff that is most damaging to Braun is in the mainstream media (JS, WTMJ, etc.), and they cannot be shut up so easily. The best they have been able to do is issue "No comment" responses.

It seems like Braun is adopting a bunker mentality and closing ranks very tightly. What that says to me is that her decision has a whole lot less support than she and her supporters would like you to believe...and perhaps significantly less.

And it's still down for "maintenance".

Must be taking quite a long time to alter all the negative AD posts.

This is the most incredible overreaction I've ever seen; it's also going to have the worst intended effects:

1) The Admin who runs the board has branded him/herself a disciple of Amanda Braun, or a disciple of the Bud Haidet-Jeter crowd (far less likely). I think it's obviously not the latter.

2) The board was shut down to end the discussion. Braun's supporters were obviously fighting a losing battle, because there were plenty of people who wanted Jeter gone who were arguing that Amanda should go too, not just the Jeter supporters (me, Fran...maybe another couple).

3) All this does is help this board and hurt that one. They've gotta know that. We've been very democratic in letting people of opposing viewpoints get on here.

4) Make it look like Braun's crowd has something to hide.

PantherLou claims that he's not the admin, and that he's told me that he wasn't - I must have misremembered, I thought he had told me he was the Admin and gave those duties to Hack. No matter, because even if he's not the Admin, PantherLou knows who is - because he claimed on Twitter that he was told it is actually maintenance, and the board should be back up in the next day or so.

Apparently, they don't know who they are dealing with, and that we have an alternative board. So when is ghostofdylan going to show up?

I just dont get why there wasn't a message saying as much. I'd like to overhaul some things make some changes, like 2 days down at this time, like the board doesnt see a ton of traffic and now the board goes down when there is.

Not that Im posting a ton of stuff, but it would be nice to see the story unfold.

It just goes to show the true lunacy of some of the people working in that department. If they would actually hire people competent in college athletics, we wouldn't have these problems.
    346 Freak board posts prior to censorship. This is my home now.

I have to post this again because it's just such a great South Park episode.
    This entire past season was great. One of the best ever if you haven't watched that show in awhile.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast