Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Coaching Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    Things I think (sarcasm alert):
    • I am truly excited about this hire because we can trust AB's judgement when hiring coaches....she has done it 1 time in her whole life (for another sport), so we are good. She knows what she is doing!
    • AB is convinced she just hired MICHAEL Jordan - expects to not have to pay him at all and he will donate millions to the Panther Fund (gonna make that million dollar number we gave the paper real now!) AB is thinking: RECRUIT CITY BABY...here come the 5 Star Blue Chippers!!!
    • LaVall Jordan will NOT be totally beholden to AB in any way, shape, or form...he will be his own man and never tolerate lies and deceit...this being his first time in the big chair will not at all make him a lap dog grateful for the shot and will be willing to stand up to her when the shenanigans start.
    • LaVall will absolutely NOT be looking for the next open job in the event he makes the NCAA tournament next year with players he didn't recruit...no WAY he leaves Milwaukee for at least a decade...he may even be a lifer. He has a lot of Wisconsin ties to keep him here...I mean seriously, he was here all the time when he played for Butler...he had to make lifelong friends in MKE during those stays....right????
    • LaVall Jordan is absolutely NOT a essentially sideways move for the program... he played under a highly respected coach and then became his assistant, and he has many subsequent years of coaching experience as an assistant in the Big 10, where his role was heavy on recruiting...we have NEVER tried that before at Milwaukee....this is uncharted territory and exciting...with the added bonus that AB does NOT hate his guts (yet, at least...give it a week) and really, REALLY, want him to fail. Oh, and he is black, so TAKE THAT Lena Taylor....IN YOUR FACE!
    • Sources say LaVall LOVES Ultimate Frisbee and will not at all be upset when the team has to vacate the Klotsche center..he will grab his discs and play!!!! Good times, man, good times!
    • Those sources also say LaVall loves to take the bus, so road trips during the season are going to be an absolute BLAST!
    • The players are sure to stay now...how could they turn down a shot to play at a high major when they could stay and play for a rookie head coach in his first job as the boss? What could possibly go wrong? Hell, we may challenge UW for some 4 and 5 stars now!
    • LaVall will immediately help develop our bigs. That was a huge complaint about Jeter, and this hire totally reverses that...wait? what? Point guards??? Oh, never mind. (link: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...y-point-guards)
    • This is one of those "Holy sh*t, they hired WHO?" hires that will grab headlines all over the nation. I mean seriously, this is a stunner....this guy was primed for the big time and we snapped him out from under the noses of some really big time programs....Wright St. HAS to be just GREEN with envy and kicking themselves right now! This is right up there with Ron Wolf landing Reggie White!!!!
    You ARE Batman!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Well I guess people can choose to be negative about something they can't control. The truth is that only time will tell if this was a good hire. I hope it works for UWM and I think it will.

For the record, Sultan, we're the ones who remained mostly positive for the last 11 years despite witnessing some things that would never happen to a fully-funded, institutionally-supported and student body-appreciated men's basketball program.

I join others in wishing LaVall good luck.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-07-2016 at 01:04 PM.

If there was anybody awake at the JS, there is a very interesting story they might want to, you know, find and report.

Let's just say that we may all be able to get behind Lavall.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    You ARE Batman!!!!
    No....I am Nighthawk!
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

That's not the story.

Not a peep on the mkepanthers.com website. Anybody seen even a semi-official tweet?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Well I guess people can choose to be negative about something they can't control. The truth is that only time will tell if this was a good hire. I hope it works for UWM and I think it will.
    We all hope he turns out to be a good coach, and that the program does well. What basis is there for thinking this will be the case? What evidence of competence has Amanda Braun given anybody that we should be optimistic about who she hires?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrapheap View Post
    Not a peep on the mkepanthers.com website. Anybody seen even a semi-official tweet?
    Yet the local newspaper is reporting it as fact? That's weird.

Could it be that AB is not really all that thrilled with the hire and is dragging her feet on any web updates or Tweets? Nah.....that's CRAZY....that could never happen at UWM!
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324