Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    The candidates who would be at the top of the list under normal circumstances are not interested. I would think Nagy would be one of those.
    This is one of the hidden consequences of this action. If this had occurred in an orderly way after next year, there would be many more options. I don't think a lot of fans understand that the college coaching fraternity is close and that word gets around in a hurry.

And I'm sure anyone offered the job is going to give Jeter a call.

I don't believe he would deliberately try to sabotage the hire, because all he would have to do is be honest.

This is a raging 5 alarm dumpster fire. A "regular" dumpster fire is what we saw at MU when Buzz was sent packing. That happens from time to time and is generally recoverable. The program remains attractive and the potential next hires are usually pretty strong.

This is so far beyond that it is laughable.

And a much as I would love to think the things said here, or on the Eunuch Board for that matter, have so much weight it can and does impact the potential candidates, it just doesn't. Sure they look at the boards, but like any outsider, the do so out of curiosity, I'm sure. I have a very hard time believing a YouTube video (< 300 views) and some posts here or anywhere amounts to much more than a fart in the wind on the whole.

Which makes the actions of the "head Eunuch" so laughable.

No....The 5 alarm dumpster fire is because you have a sitting state Senator, and former Gubernatorial candidate, demanding that the AD be fired immediately, players who are very publicly calling that same AD a liar and accusing her of outright sabotage of the program, and at least 1 major donor (so far) saying that he is done with the program until she is gone. Pile that all on top of the decision to terminate a coach after a 20 win season (while being undermined) that included a win over UW IN MADISON, which is not just a rare event in the history of UWM, but a rare feat in college basketball period.

What otherwise rational and reasonable person would look at this situation and say "Sign me up!"? Especially with other less troubling opportunities now, and certainly even more in the next year or two.

It should be no surprise that we are stooping pretty low (as coaching prospects go) right now, and there is no guarantee that these candidates are even really interested, but are instead using Braun to get a raise where they are, or to get there name out there for other jobs.

In fact, I bet that thought still has not occurred to Amanda and her cadre of suck ups...but it is probably happening. Hell, Crean turned that into a cottage industry at MU for years...don't think others didn't learn from him on that.

There remains only one thing that can possibly put this fire out, and that is the termination of Braun, and the naming of her replacement, before a coach is hired. Failing to do that means we are stuck with whoever she can get, and if she is later terminated, have to deal with another lame duck coaching staff for the next AD, and even more turmoil.

When I called for a purging fire, I meant that the program had to hit the reset button and start again FROM THE TOP DOWN. New AD, then a new Coach, and then immediate actions to repair relationships with donors, sponsors and alumni. I believe if this happens, we may see an era of Milwaukee Panther basketball success we have thus far only dreamed of.

Sorry for the length, guys....but this has been rolling around in my head for the last few days and I finally had a moment to sit down ad get it in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
    And I'm sure anyone offered the job is going to give Jeter a call.

Can't say for sure, but I highly doubt that.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Can't say for sure, but I highly doubt that.
    A normal situation, maybe not. This has been far from normal thou. I would if I were called about the job. I'd want to know what I was getting myself into.
    Last edited by jhart05; 03-27-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
    A normal situation, maybe not. This has been far from normal thou. I would if I were called about the job. I'd want to know what I was getting myself into.
    I never would call the person who got fired about a job I'm interviewing for.
    March Madness starts in November

I honestly do not think it is necessary to call Jeter to get a sense of what went on under Braun. The players have made it pretty clear, and that is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I never would call the person who got fired about a job I'm interviewing for.
    Fine you're right.

For his part, Jeter and the assistants are totally above board, telling everyone this is a good place to work. They just deflect any questions about Braun and talk about the people.

However, the rest of the Bo Ryan coaching tree? Drop an acorn of truth from the top and watch it whack every branch on the way down.

The coaching fraternity is very, very close. AD's need to understand they have to tread lightly.

Also you gotta know that every single one of these candidates has talked to at least someone from the outgoing coaching staff.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast