Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Candidates

I'm very excited in hearing both of those names being brought up!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    There's no way anyone could make the argument that either Tracy or Lavall are fundamentally different candidates than Rob was at the time he was hired...

Basically we are seeng that this whole sordid affair had utterly no purpose other than that she wanted Rob gone.
    Yup.

There's no way anyone could make the argument that either Tracy or Lavall are fundamentally different candidates than Rob was at the time he was hired. The only difference is that Rob now has years of head coaching experience and had taken teams to the tournament. Hey, weren't those some of her criteria for a new coach?

Basically we are seeng that this whole sordid affair had utterly no purpose other than that she wanted Rob gone.

Trainwreck.
    On that I think we can all agree.

Perhaps it isn't the background and job history that makes the coach?

Just because Lavall Jordan is an assistant for a BIG program, that doesn't mean the end result will be another Rob Jeter tenure. Every candidate brings a different personality, coaching style, and background to the table. I understand what you're trying to say BBF, but I don't think the reason for Rob's ouster is really in question at this point, is it?

"I don't think the reason for Rob's ouster is really in question at this point, is it?"

No, it certainly is not. We may disagree about what it was, however.

Would love to see the whole list of applicants. The names that have leaked (and some others that I know of that have not yet leaked) are "B-listers" at best. Most are "C-list" if that. The applicant list so far is most notable for who is NOT on it. This is just what many of us feared would happen if Rob was dismissed impetuously before his contract termed. I have not heard a single name yet that anyone could honestly argue is a better coach than Rob. Some might be nice guys, or have tenuous connections to our area, but there's not a name in the bunch that would make anyone say "Wow." And don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Meanwhile the press and the public rightfully continue to skewer our AD and by extension, our program. And that sure is what a program like ours needs more of, isn't it?

Goodman is tweeting that Webster is looking like the guy. Outside of the fact that he's been an assistant at like 15 different universities and can recruit at Cal, what does anyone know about him? I'd have preferred Miller, Billeter or Jackson, but It looks like another assistant will be running this program.

Tracy was a hell of a good college point guard. Except for his very short and unsuccessful (1-15) interim tenure at a terrible DePaul program (that had just fired Jerry Wainwright) he's a complete blank slate as a head coach.

What did you expect?

Tracy was a hell of a good college point guard. Except for his very short and unsuccessful (1-15) interim tenure at a terrible DePaul program (that had just fired Jerry Wainwright) he's a complete blank slate as a head coach.

What did you expect?
    Who did I expect? No idea - no one does.
    Who did I want? Who I said in my last post.

If true, I'm excited for Tracy Webster to be the next head coach of the Panthers.
    March Madness starts in November

The last thing we need is a freakin' Badger as head coach. This university seriously can't get out of its own way.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast