Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: X game

I guess this means, that in spite of protestations to the contrary by Red, Butch and others, that Decker considers us a rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    WOW, and here I thought the MU obsession was just among the lunatics in their fan base.........one of the most exciting wins in their program and his first thought is to try and trash MU? Mind blown.
    My thoughts also. Nuts. Great win and that is your go to Tweet by a NBA player? Is he Butch Badgers neighbor?

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Obvious to everyone, and I consider Mack to be a smart coach. Made no sense.
    Not sure you can blame Mack. He was running sets that were designed to get the ball inside. The guards wouldn't do it. Close to the end of the game, they ran a play where a guy set a cross screen for a post up, and they did not do a good job of even attempting to get it inside.

To Xavier's defense, what are you going to do when a guy hits 2 3's in 12 seconds off the dribble fading away and in between a flop happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    To Xavier's defense, what are you going to do when a guy hits 2 3's in 12 seconds off the dribble fading away and in between a flop happens?
    EXACTLY....they have always mastered that aspect of the game. I thought it was immediately, how the hell could the ref not see that...clearly moving.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...-xavier-032016

Novak telling Dekker to slow his roll.....

https://twitter.com/stevenovak16/status/711757351817183232?lang=en

@dekker Easy does it Sammy. Don't go all @realDonaldTrump on me. #StopTheHate

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Novak telling Dekker to slow his roll.....

https://twitter.com/stevenovak16/status/711757351817183232?lang=en

@dekker Easy does it Sammy. Don't go all @realDonaldTrump on me. #StopTheHate
    Good for Steve trying to shut young Dekker down and bringing some divisive politics in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Not sure you can blame Mack. He was running sets that were designed to get the ball inside. The guards wouldn't do it. Close to the end of the game, they ran a play where a guy set a cross screen for a post up, and they did not do a good job of even attempting to get it inside.
    I think the thing you can blame on Mack was that he was unable to reign in his point guard from minute one until minute 40. That was one of the worst overall games I have ever seen by a high major point guard. Completely out of control, poor decision making, atrocious shot selection, and it never got better as the game went on. I actually don't blame Eades for calling the charge at the end(even though I too, believe it was a flop) as Sumner never once the whole game did anything to give himself the benefit of the doubt.

No matter ho bad a call might be, games are rarely lost on one bad call. Watching the replay, it did look like Showalter started to fall before he was touched, but seeing it live, I thought it was a charge. I remember the crazy Kentucky fans complaining about a similar call when he clobbered them en route to the Final Four. Early in the second half, they had cut at eighteen point lead to ten and had the ball when one of their players charged into Novak. That ended their run and Marquette built its lead back up. On the Kentucky board, one guy was complaining. "How can that be a charge? The rules say you have to be playing defense. How can you be playing defense standing under the basket?" Well, the answer is pretty obvious. You can draw a charge. But since then they have added the restricted circle so that that would not be called a charge today. Of course Kentucky fans have such a ridiculous sense of entitlement that they assume rules should always be interpreted in their favor. But they are always judgement calls. Xavier had plenty of chances to win right on down to the last minute. They did not take them. Don't blame the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    That definitely was a flop. Showalter was falling backward as Sumner was turning.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast