Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Untucked Jerseys

So if I make an assertion that is illogical it is nonetheless presumed to be true unless proven otherwise?

You didn't take logic at Marquette did you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So if I make an assertion that is illogical it is nonetheless presumed to be true unless proven otherwise?

You didn't take logic at Marquette did you.
    You are correct. I didn't take logic at Marquette. This isn't about logic. It's about saying someone is wrong when you have no factual evidence that they are indeed wrong. But logic away if you want.

We aren't confusing the bumblebee jerseys being a competitive advantage for the psychedelic effect they had on opponents, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    You are correct. I didn't take logic at Marquette. This isn't about logic. It's about saying someone is wrong when you have no factual evidence that they are indeed wrong. But logic away if you want.

There is no evidence that he is right either.

I think his explanation makes no sense so I think he is wrong.

Is that so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    There is no evidence that he is right either.

I think his explanation makes no sense so I think he is wrong.

Is that so hard to understand?
    The easiest thing to understand is that you are the smartest guy in the room. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    The easiest thing to understand is that you are the smartest guy in the room. I'll leave it at that.

Pretty low bar if you're in here with me.

Refs at every level tell you to tuck in your jerseys. I feel that's the simplest and most logical reason for it being banned. Not sure the reason for it but safety would be my best guess.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

I remember it the way Fr. Dan does, but I was pretty young at the time, maybe some of the others would know.

I thought the untucked were an unfair recruiting advantage (letting players design uniforms) and the bumble bees were too psychedelic and made opponents dizzy.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Both are a reflection of how much the NCAA hated Al McGuire and Marquette. No other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Both are a reflection of how much the NCAA hated Al McGuire and Marquette. No other explanation.

So Marquette wins the national championship in 1977, Al McGuire retires, and it takes until 1984 for the NCAA to disallow untucked jerseys because they hated Al McGuire and Marquette? Seven years later?

By that time Marquette had moved onto the tiger striping jerseys. My recollection was those were tucked in by I might be thinking post 1984.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast