Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tourney Thread

We have plenty of locals who show at the BC without a team allegiance.
    Last edited by Gato78; 03-18-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    We have plenty of locals who show at eh BC without a team allegiance.
    While that has been true in the past, I doubt it will be so going forward. I know of many people who bought tickets for the tourney games at the BC who are not buying for next year. I am among them. Combine absurdly overpriced tickets, the lack of beverages of an adult nature, a crappy game or two, a couple teams you don't care about and the ability to watch multiple games in glorious high definition from a bar or your own couch, and the NCAA has an attendance problem.

The Big East Tournamnet, on the other hand, is truly incredible. But we already knew that.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

The BIG EAST Tournament, in my mind, is preferable to the NCAAs as an in-person experience. Still love NCAAs and I have ordered tickets. BET is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    While that has been true in the past, I doubt it will be so going forward. I know of many people who bought tickets for the tourney games at the BC who are not buying for next year. I am among them. Combine absurdly overpriced tickets, the lack of beverages of an adult nature, a crappy game or two, a couple teams you don't care about and the ability to watch multiple games in glorious high definition from a bar or your own couch, and the NCAA has an attendance problem.

The Big East Tournamnet, on the other hand, is truly incredible. But we already knew that.
    They don't serve beer anymore at tourney games? I'm hating the NCAA more and more every day now.

West is tough because the west is not big on college hoops like many of the east cities, and there are normally not as many teams to draw from within a reasonable distance.

Cal is in Spokane, and San Fran is about 14 hours away. Eugene Oregon is 7 hours away. Those are the two closest teams, and unlike Milwaukee where Chicago fans come to see NCAA action, Spokane isn't really near other big cities with diverse college hoops fans.
    Gonzaga gets to stay west playing in Denver, which is a 16 hour drive.

I've seen many an empty seat in Boise and other west coast places.

The in-person NCAA experience is lacking, unless your team is playing. Very few replays, no beer, and only one game at a time.

As a neutral, I'd rather be at home for the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    The in-person NCAA experience is lacking, unless your team is playing. Very few replays, no beer, and only one game at a time.

As a neutral, I'd rather be at home for the first two rounds.
    Actually, it is a lot of fun for BB junkies. Hard to do four full games in a day in Round 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Actually, it is a lot of fun for BB junkies. Hard to do four full games in a day in Round 1 though.
    As a "BB junkie," I like being able to watch another game if the one I'm watching stinks. That's not easily done when you're at the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Lots of empty seats in today's games. BC always does much better (Bucky or not ).
    To be fair, I have been to games at the BC that were half empty. Typically, a site is likely to get two pretty good games and a couple bad ones in the first round. I recall one year that the second game of the day was Villanova beating the snot out of somebody, and my friends and I took the opportunity to go to dinner and return for the evening games. The last one of the day was pretty good, with Texas knocking off Michigan because Michigan repeated the mistake of the previous year and called a time-out it did not have. It helped that there were plenty of drunken rodent fans there just to cheer against Michigan. But the game before that was Wake Forest beating somebody up, and not too many people hurried back from dinner to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    The home town advantage puts more butts in the seats. Take it away, and all the games would have the interest of today's St Joe's - Cincinnati game in Spokane. How many fans do you think will be there?

VS
    Hell, I'd be there. That is a good game. On the occasions I had to watch the games, just showing up to watch the games is a lot of fun. Actually, there is something uniquely fun about watching a game where you really do not care who wins. I enjoy the whole experience, even if it includes watching some low seed getting killed far away from home. But that is just me I guess.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast