Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Admirals moving to Arena in 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Based on this, where was the public outrage toward the Admirals lease at the Bradley Center? Why did only Marquette receive the negative publicity toward their "sweetheart" lease at the Bradley Center where their per game payment was much higher (close to $25K-$30K I thought I remember seeing)?
    It wasn't "public outcry", it was "Badgers outcry". The only people complaining were those that follow the Badger message boards...But you are exactly right.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Anybody else find it odd that the Admirals are pumping in more that UWM is for the naming rights?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Anybody else find it odd that the Admirals are pumping in more that UWM is for the naming rights?
    No, not at all. Rent is way more for UWM. The Admirals are putting in 2 million, which is acting like a gift for their team and other events to improve the fan experience.

The naming rights took place in 2014, if you started doing the naming rights today, the price tag might be a bit higher.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Based on this, where was the public outrage toward the Admirals lease at the Bradley Center? Why did only Marquette receive the negative publicity toward their "sweetheart" lease at the Bradley Center where their per game payment was much higher (close to $25K-$30K I thought I remember seeing)?
    Cause their are folks out their that just don't like Marquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I think because the WCD needs to upgrade the facility to again have ice, which I'd bet will cost a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think because the WCD needs to upgrade the facility to again have ice, which I'd bet will cost a few bucks.
    They have had ice. They just had Skate America (figure skating) this past October that NBC was in town for.

So despite not having a hockey team they maintained all the ability to have or make ice under the basketball court? I thought for some reason the ice making and maintaining functionality was no longer at the Arena. Well that is one cost they won't have to worry about.
    Last edited by Goose85; 03-16-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I thought for some reason the ice making and maintaining functionality was no longer at the Arena.
    Well Goose, just cause you lost the recipe for making ice...
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Well Goose, just cause you lost the recipe for making ice...
    Arena, neat.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Ziggy wins the thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123