Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admirals moving to Arena in 2016-17

Admirals moving to Arena in 2016-17

According to today's paper, this is the final season of the Admirals at the Bradley Center, and they will move to the Arena for the 2016-17 season. No surprise, but I guess it's good to see it confirmed.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Helps open up some BC dates for MU a year early. I ain't mad about it.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...milwaukee.html

I could not be more happy for something so bad for them will end up so great. The Admirals for a very long 38 home game season does average close to 7,000 fans per game and 240,000 hockey fans to downtown Milwaukee. The dates will be way better for the Admirals and I look forward to even more upgrade to UWM Panther Arena.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-15-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Helps open up some BC dates for MU a year early. I ain't mad about it.
    2 years earlier

I thought MU had 2nd priority on dates after the bucks?
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    I thought MU had 2nd priority on dates after the bucks?
    In the new arena they will, in the BC we're third in the pecking order behind the Bucks and Admirals.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    2 years earlier
    Ads lease at the BC was supposed to end after the 16-17 season, but they're working on a deal to end it after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    In the new arena they will, in the BC we're third in the pecking order behind the Bucks and Admirals.
    The Petits donated the money for the BC in the hopes of getting an NHL franchise. The Admirals were a beneficiary of those hopes. Obviously, the BC was designed first and foremost for hockey.

I'm not sure the Admirals were #2 at the Bradley Center. They were giving the choice to pick about 5 dates ahead of Marquette. Problem is the Bucks block of tons of dates and then release those dates back. Gets to be too late in the process as Marquette has filled the date on a Monday versus a" buy game".

Admirals sign 10-year lease at Panther Arena; $6.3 million in upgrades in works http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast