Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selection Show a joke

Selection Show a joke

So this year instead of just releasing brackets the selection show opted to fill out brackets in between? For the second straight year I was listening on the radio/in car. For the second straight year, I heard all brackets, all matchups, long before the "selection show" was done.

They are beyond poor. Hold it all close to the vest, release it on the show quickly and let others follow. Instead they are the last to release full bracket - again.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    So this year instead of just releasing brackets the selection show opted to fill out brackets in between? For the second straight year I was listening on the radio/in car. For the second straight year, I heard all brackets, all matchups, long before the "selection show" was done.

They are beyond poor. Hold it all close to the vest, release it on the show quickly and let others follow. Instead they are the last to release full bracket - again.
    Agreed. I did not mind the analysis. Actually, I thought it was pretty good. But dragging the whole thing out for two hours was stupid. I suppose they could not get people to stay tuned that long without holding the brackets, but it has to suck for the bubble teams wondering if they are going to get in. BTW, did I mention that the bubble teams that got in all suck? Well, maybe not Wichita State.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    Agreed. I did not mind the analysis. Actually, I thought it was pretty good.
    The CBS analysis? The analysis dominated by NBA guys who don't know anything about the college teams they were discussing? Hmmmmm, can't say I agree on that one.

It was overkill.
    March Madness starts in November

Syracuse gets again, with the committee overlooking the part of the season Boeheim was suspended. No integrity. CBS was lambasted on Twitter--especially when the bracket was released. Deservedly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Syracuse gets again, with the committee overlooking the part of the season Boeheim was suspended. No integrity.
    When has a team that was arguably a bubble team and then loses 5 of 6 gets in? It's insane. Monmouth knocked off multiple power confence teams and played a $hitload on the road doing it. Inexcusable.

Normally the Selection Committee does a very good job IMO, laid an egg this year.

Syracuse has 5 top 50 wins, but an RPI of 71.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    The CBS analysis? The analysis dominated by NBA guys who don't know anything about the college teams they were discussing? Hmmmmm, can't say I agree on that one.
    Even Barkley said one of his picks was because others told him to pick it. It seems that the NCAA and CBS are bent on ruining the almost unruinable.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

I think TNT's NBA studio show is great TV and has been for years, but why do they think that they are needed to draw more eyes to the NCAA tourney? I wonder how Kellogg and company feel. Someone has already mentioned it, but less is more in this case. Feels so forced.

Here is the TV lineup for the games themselves:

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2016/0...-march-madness

Edit: See Richard Deitsch roast the Selection Show under the Noise Report.
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 03-13-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast