Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So are we going to Vegas?

Great find and he makes a good point. The fact he's a Tottenham fan only makes him a better person.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

But wait, what about everybody on the board that insists we should be lobbying to play in the Vegas 16? With that group of schools, are you still all outraged over Marquette's decision not to play in it? Yeah. Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    But wait, what about everybody on the board that insists we should be lobbying to play in the Vegas 16? With that group of schools, are you still all outraged over Marquette's decision not to play in it? Yeah. Didn't think so.
    Amen. I'd much rather just fold up shop for the season as opposed to drag it on for 2 more weeks (when almost every single team will be done playing by that point) to play Illinois State or East Tennessee State in a meaningless tournament.

I bet there were a handful of teams like Marquette that were sitting there waiting to see who was in the Vegas 16. Marquette and another handful of big schools were considering but nobody wanted to be first to commit. None did, so it is what it is.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I get why people wanted them to keep playing, but I wouldn't want to risk injury playing Towson in a Vegas8 game.

I would be furious if Luke re-injured his shoulder, or if one of the guys broke a bone in his foot, or any other injury that takes away from offseason development time. Just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I bet there were a handful of teams like Marquette that were sitting there waiting to see who was in the Vegas 16. Marquette and another handful of big schools were considering but nobody wanted to be first to commit. None did, so it is what it is.
    That would be my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I bet not.

I bet not.
    IWB did say "teams LIKE Marquette".

I do not buy the injury argument whatsoever. They play pick up all the time. Should that stop because someone might get hurt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast